How to Make Scrumptious Cinnamon Coffee Cake!
Ahoy there, fellow coffee and cake enthusiasts! The heavenly pairing of warm caffeine and sweet baked goods is unbeatable. And when it comes to baked goods, nothing can beat a good ol’ coffee cake. Which is why I am delighted to share my favorite easy cinnamon coffee cake recipe with you today!
First off, let me just say that this ain’t your ordinary boring cake recipe. This bad boy is packed with flavor and aroma that’ll leave you craving for more. It’s moist yet crumbly, and has the perfect balance of flavors. Whether you’re a novice or a pro baker, this is one cake that won’t disappoint.
But don’t just take my word for it! Try out this easy cinnamon coffee cake recipe yourself and bask in its flavorful goodness. I promise you this – you won’t regret it! So grab your apron, tie up your hair, and let’s get to baking!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Ladies and gentlemen, I have got an incredible recipe for you today that will leave you craving more- the best and easiest cinnamon coffee cake recipe! Why will you love this recipe, you ask? There are so many reasons!
Firstly, the flavor of cinnamon coffee cake is unparalleled. With layers of cinnamon filling and a delicious crumbly streusel topping, it’s the perfect sweet treat to start your day or enjoy with a cup of joe. You won’t believe your taste buds when you take your first bite.
Secondly, the ingredients are simple and easy to find at any grocery store. Flour, sugar, butter, eggs – everything is readily available in your kitchen pantry. So you don’t need to go out and buy fancy ingredients that will make a hole in your pocket.
Thirdly, this recipe is so easy to make that anyone can master it. This easy coffee cake recipe simply requires mixing all the purpose flour, sour cream, granulated sugar, eggs, pure vanilla extract along with other ingredients together and baking it to perfection. Trust me; even beginners will impress their guests with a perfectly baked cinnamon coffee cake.
And finally (the best part!), this recipe allows for plenty of substitution and variation options to personalize to your liking. Add apple-cinnamon filling instead of plain cinnamon for a fruity twist or swap out regular flour for gluten-free alternative flour for those with dietary restrictions.
In summary, if cinnamon crumb cake or coffee cake is your go-to dessert then this is the perfect easy cinnamon coffee cake recipe for you! The flavor combination and simplicity of this recipe is sure to be loved by all ages in your family. So what are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen and start baking!
Let’s talk about the ingredients that you will need to make this delectable cinnamon coffee cake. Here is a list of everything you’ll need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
Cinnamon Streusel Topping:
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Ensuring that you have all these ingredients will make sure that your cinnamon coffee cake turns out effortlessly perfect!
The Recipe How-To
Now that you have seen the ingredient list, let’s move on to how we can make the Best & Easiest Cinnamon Coffee Cake Recipe ever. I promise it’s fuss-free! Follow these steps closely and you will have an aromatic and luscious cake within no time.
Step 1: Preheat the Oven and Prepare the Pan
Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C) degrees. In the meantime, spray a 9×13 inch baking pan with cooking spray and put it aside.
Step 2: Make the Batter
In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup of unsalted butter, 1 cup of granulated sugar, and 1 cup of light brown sugar until fluffy, which usually takes about three minutes. Stir in two large eggs, one at a time, followed by two teaspoons of pure vanilla extract.
Combine 3 cups of all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon of kosher salt, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, and ½ teaspoon of baking soda in another bowl. Mix well before adding it to your butter mixture alternatively with one and a half cups sour cream. In between each addition, keep stirring until you have a smooth batter.
Step 3: Make the Cinnamon Streusel
Now it is time to make the streusel topping. In small mixing bowls combine 1.5 cups all-purpose flour, two cups of light brown sugar, four teaspoons ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt. Lastly add melted 1 cup unsalted butter and combine well until you get a crumbly streusel texture that is easy to sprinkle later.
Step 4: Layer and Bake
Pour half the batter into your prepared pan then level with a spatula or spoon as per convenience. Sprinkle ¾’s of the cinnamon streusel mixture over it evenly making sure everything is covered. Next, pour the remaining batter over and spread it again with a utensil of your choice. Then sprinkle the remaining cinnamon streusel generously over it.
Place the pan in the oven and bake for an hour until golden brown before adding the toothpick test making sure it comes out clean.
Make sure to let your cake cool thoroughly before serving to maximize its flavor profile.
Substitutions and Variations
If you’re looking to put your own spin on this classic coffee cake recipe, there are plenty of substitutions and variations you can try.
– Flour: Want to switch things up? Try using whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour for a healthier twist.
– Sour Cream: If you don’t have sour cream on hand, Greek yogurt is a great substitute with its similar texture and tangy flavor.
– Butter: Margarine, coconut oil or vegetable oil can all be used in place of butter with pretty similar results.
– Apple Cinnamon Streusel: Thinly slice apples and mix them in the cinnamon crumb cake topping for a sweet and creative twist on this classic coffee cake.
– Vegan Coffee Cake: To make this recipe vegan-friendly, use dairy-free substitutes such as vegan cream cheese and use flax eggs instead of regular eggs.
– Gluten-Free Coffee Cake Bundt Cake: Try baking the coffee cake in a bundt pan for an extra-special presentation. You might need to adjust cooking times accordingly.
– Yellow Cake Mix Coffee Cake: For a shortcut version of this recipe, use a yellow cake mix as the base instead of all-purpose flour.
– Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake: For the ultimate cinnamon lover’s dream, add layers of cinnamon sugar swirls throughout the coffee cake batter before baking.
Remember, experimenting is half the fun of cooking! Don’t be afraid to make substitutions or variations to cater to your taste preferences.
Serving and Pairing
Listen up y’all, ’cause I’m ’bout to tell y’all the best ways to serve and pair this easy cinnamon coffee cake recipe. Trust me, you’ll want to make sure you’re pairing it with a delicious drink and serving it in a way that ensures this cinnamon coffee cake remains the belle of the ball.
First and foremost, this cinnamon crumb cake is perfect for breakfast or brunch alongside a piping hot mug of coffee. This rich coffee flavor combines perfectly with the spicy cinnamon taste and sweetness of the light brown sugar. Yum!
If you’re feeling fancy, go ahead and indulge yourself in a slice or two of this heavenly cake after dinner for dessert. Serve with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top, and that’s it! Cake heaven all up in your mouth.
This cake recipe is versatile enough to stand on its own, but can also be paired with other great foods. You can even elevate it by making French toast out of leftover slices or using it as a base for bread pudding (trust me on this one!).
Make sure this cinnamon coffee cake gets its fair share of pairing attention by serving it on a beautiful plate or platter – presentation is key, folks!
In conclusion, there’s no wrong way to serve this easy cinnamon coffee cake recipe. Pairing options are endless for every taste bud – now let’s get to baking!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Now, you don’t have to wait until morning to prepare your easy cinnamon coffee cake. By making it ahead of time, you can savor its luscious aroma and flavor any time you want throughout the week. It’s effortless to store this coffee cake, and I’ll share some tips for reheating and preserving it.
Firstly, once your cinnamon coffee cake is entirely baked and appropriately cooled, wrap it up tightly with cling wrap, then a layer of foil to avoid air exposure. It can be stored at room temperature for up to three days or up to a week in the refrigerator. However, since the sour cream in the recipe keeps the cake moist for an extended period, it can last even longer.
If you prefer freezing baked goods ahead of time, like I do, use a large freezer-friendly container, bag or wrap your cake securely with plastic wrap and foil. The coffee cake will keep well up to three months in the freezer.
When you’re ready to serve this delicious coffee cake, you have two options: reheating the whole cake in one go or slice off and reheat individual portions when needed. For reheating the whole cake at once, preheat your oven to 300-350°F (150-175°C) then bake the covered coffee cake until heated through (absorb moisture by placing a piece of paper towel between the lid and container before sealing).
To warm individual slices using a microwave: unwrap them from foil/plastic and place on microwave-safe dish/plate lined with a damp paper towel. Cover it partially with another damp paper towel or wax paper; heat it for around 10-15 seconds (check after 5 seconds interval) or until warmed through.
These easy storage and reheating tips will make sure that every time you have a craving for something sweet or want to treat unexpected visitors impressively. You have your lovely cinnamon coffee cake ready within minutes without compromising the moist texture and amazing taste of this delightful cake.
Tips for Perfect Results
If you want to make a perfect cinnamon coffee cake, then follow these tips below:
1. Cream the Butter and Sugar Well: Before adding any other ingredients, make sure to cream the butter and sugar together until it’s light and fluffy. This step allows air to be incorporated into the butter, creating a soft and tender crumb.
2. Use Room Temperature Ingredients: It’s important to use room temperature ingredients for the batter, including butter, eggs, and sour cream. This prevents the batter from curdling or separating and results in a smooth and even texture.
3. Don’t Overmix the Batter: Once you add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mix just until everything is combined. Overmixing can lead to a tough cake.
4. Use Double-Acting Baking Powder: Double-acting baking powder will give you a taller and fluffier cake because it leavens the batter twice – once when it’s mixed with the wet ingredients and again when it’s heated in the oven.
5. Don’t Forget the Streusel Topping: The streusel topping is what makes this coffee cake so irresistible. Make sure to use cold butter when mixing the streusel to achieve that crumbly texture that everyone loves.
6. Add Some Texture with Nuts or Fruits: To add some texture to your coffee cake, try adding chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans, or diced apples or blueberries. They not only add flavor but also create visual interest.
7. Bake at Right Temperature: Make sure your oven is preheated correctly and bake at the recommended temperature for best results.
8. Let It Cool Before Serving: This may seem difficult as the aroma of cinnamon wafts through your kitchen but allow time for it to cool before diving into piping hot slices! By doing this, you give ample time for flavors to settle down and mesh well; also avoiding the risk of the cake crumbling down while slicing.
Just follow these tips and you’ll have a perfect cinnamon coffee cake every time that would be perfect to share with family, friends, or just to have on your own! Enjoy the recipe!
Now, let me address some of the frequently asked questions about this easy cinnamon coffee cake recipe. I know that even with the detailed instructions provided earlier, you may still have a few queries left. Let me answer those for you and alleviate any doubts or concerns you may have. So, let’s dig in!
Can you add coffee to box cake mix?
Hey there! If you’re a fan of chocolate, here’s a tip that might interest you. Instead of using hot water to make your cake mix, consider swapping it out with some freshly brewed coffee. The combination of coffee and chocolate is a heavenly duo that will make the chocolate flavor stand out.
How do you increase the flavor of coffee in a cake?
As a barista, I can recommend some ways to infuse coffee into your baked goods. One classic way to add coffee flavor to your batter is by incorporating instant espresso powder. For an extra kick of mocha flavor, a swirl made of melted chocolate and coffee can complement your baked goods. Furthermore, packing your crumb topping with coffee can create an ideal crunch texture paired with coffee notes. To finish, a boozy latte glaze made with your preferred coffee liquor can add an extra bit of flavor if you’d like.
Is cinnamon crumb cake the same as coffee cake?
Many individuals tend to mix up crumb cake and coffee cake, however, these tasty treats are actually quite distinct. The major difference lies in the toppings; a traditional coffee cake commonly has a layer of streusel, whereas a crumb cake is more like a combination of a cake and crumble. In this article, we’ll focus on the mouthwatering delights of crumb cake.
What makes a coffee cake a coffee cake?
Coffee cake is a type of cake that is typically topped with a streusel topping, giving it a delicious crumbly texture. The cake itself doesn’t contain any coffee flavor, but rather the cake is commonly enjoyed alongside a cup of coffee.
What is the difference between coffee cake and streusel?
One noticeable variation between crumb cake and coffee cake is the amount of streusel topping used. Crumb cake commonly includes a considerably thicker layer of streusel topping than coffee cake. Moreover, it is feasible to prepare coffee cake without any streusel topping.
In conclusion, this cinnamon coffee cake recipe is the perfect addition to your breakfast or brunch menu. With its easy-to-follow instructions and versatile ingredients, it can be tailored to fit any taste and dietary preference. You don’t have to be a chef or a seasoned baker to whip up this delectable dessert.
The combination of cinnamon, brown sugar, and vanilla creates an irresistible aroma that will fill your home as you bake this cake. Adding a cup of coffee to the mix enhances the flavor and makes for the perfect pairing. Trust me when I say that one slice won’t be enough.
So if you’re looking for a simple yet delicious coffee cake recipe, give this one a try. It’s guaranteed to impress your family and friends, and might even become a staple in your household. Don’t wait any longer, grab your apron and start baking!
Best & Easiest Cinnamon Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 -1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, the baking powder, and a pinch of salt and in another bowl stir together the sour cream and the baking soda.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and 1 cup of the granulated sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. Make sure you cream it well or the batter will be very thick. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, and beat in the vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream mixture and stir the batter until it is combined well.
- Pour the batter into a buttered 10-inch round cake pan. In a small bowl stir together the remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar, the brown sugar, and the cinnamon and swirl the sugar mixture into the batter. (If you have a very thick batter, layer it like an oreo cookie instead batter, cinnamon sugar in the middle, and batter on top.).
- Bake the cake in the middle of a preheated 350°F oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Transfer it to a rack, and let it cool.