Start Your Day Right with This Homemade Coffee Cake Recipe
Are you looking for the perfect breakfast or brunch recipe? Look no further because I’ve got you covered! Today, I’m excited to share with you my Good Morning Coffee Cake Recipe that is sure to jumpstart your day on the right foot.
This coffee cake is made with a delicious mixture of flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon that will tantalize your taste buds and leave you wanting more. It is the perfect balance of soft and crumbly texture and has just the right amount of sweetness to make it a crowd favorite.
Whether you’re having a quiet morning at home or hosting a gathering with friends, this coffee cake is easy to make and sure to impress. With its irresistible aroma and mouth-watering flavors, it’s no wonder why this cake recipe has been dubbed “the best coffee cake ever” by many.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your apron and let’s get baking! This Good Morning Coffee Cake recipe is guaranteed to make your mornings brighter and your taste buds happier.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you looking for a breakfast treat that’s both sweet and savory? Look no further than this Good Morning Coffee Cake Recipe! Allow me to convince you why this recipe is the best choice for starting your day.
Firstly, the ingredients list is simple and easily accessible. You’ll only need all-purpose flour, brown sugar, eggs, milk, salt, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract. These ingredients are likely already in your pantry and refrigerator.
Secondly, this recipe can be made in just a few easy steps! Simply combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl. Then add in eggs, milk and vanilla extract to create the batter. For the cinnamon crumb topping mix together cinnamon, brown sugar and flour. With a simple fold under technique pour half of the cake batter in a pan lined with parchment paper and then sprinkle 1/3 of the cinnamon crumb mixture over it. After adding a layer of batter and another layer of crumb topping, bake it at 350°F (177°C) for about 40 minutes.
Finally, this coffee cake is perfect for almost any occasion! Whether you are hosting brunch or taking a breakfast to go, Good Morning Coffee Cake will be appreciated by everyone. It is also easily customizable by swapping out the flavors – try adding blueberries or chocolate pieces into your batter for added flavor!
In conclusion, this Good Morning Coffee Cake Recipe is easy to make and versatile enough to be served on any occasion with any flavors for an added twist. This will quickly become your signature dish and leave everyone asking for more!
Here is a full list of ingredients for my famous coffee cake recipe. Just follow these easy and simple steps to create the best homemade coffee cake ever!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole milk
Crumb Topping Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Chocolate Chips
With just a few basic ingredients, you can create an all-time classic coffee cake that will always be a crowd pleaser. Feel free to make your own variations on this recipe by substituting different flavors or adding your favorite spices or fruits.
The Recipe How-To
Step 1: Preheat the oven and prepare the pan.
The first step in making this delicious good morning coffee cake is to preheat your oven to 350°F. While the oven is heating up, grease a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan with some butter, making sure it’s evenly coated.
Step 2: Combine the ingredients.
In a large bowl, whisk together 3 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of granulated sugar, 1/2 cup of light brown sugar, 4 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon. Reserve one and a half cups of this flour mixture for later use.
Add 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1 cup of whole milk to the remaining flour mixture, whisking together well until smooth.
Step 3: Make the crumb topping.
For the crumb topping, combine the reserved flour mixture with 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, 1/2 cup of light brown sugar, and 1/2 cup of melted butter, mixing together with a fork until crumbly.
Step 4: Assemble and bake the coffee cake.
Pour half of the batter into the prepared baking dish, spreading it evenly. Sprinkle half of the crumb mixture on top of the batter. Add the rest of the batter on top in an even layer, and sprinkle with another layer of the crumb mixture.
Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Step 5: Serve, store and reheat
Let your yummy creation cool before serving, then slice and enjoy! It’s a great breakfast or brunch option that can last up to five days if stored properly in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Step 6: Enjoy!
I hope you found this recipe easy to follow and fun to make. Give it a try and allow yourself to indulge in its melt-in-your-mouth goodness. This good morning coffee cake is sure to become one of your go-to favorites!
Substitutions and Variations
One of the best things about this Good Morning Coffee Cake recipe is that you can easily make it your own by substituting or adding different ingredients. Here are some variations to try:
– Blueberry Coffee Cake: Add 1 cup of fresh blueberries to the batter for a burst of fruity flavor. Blueberries and cinnamon go perfectly together, making this variation a fan favorite.
– Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake: Skip the crumb topping and swirl in a cinnamon roll filling made with 1/4 cup melted butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. Simply pour half of the batter into the pan, spoon in the filling, then cover it with the remaining batter. Bake as directed, and voila! You’ve got delicious cinnamon-infused coffee cake.
– Chocolate Coffee Cake: Add 1/2 cup of cocoa to the dry ingredients for a rich chocolatey cake. To transform it into a yummy chocolate chip coffee cake, sprinkle in 1 cup of chocolate chips before baking.
– Sponge Cake Coffee Cake: For a lighter texture and a less-sweet taste, substitute all-purpose flour with cake flour and use only egg whites instead of whole eggs. The result will be a light and airy sponge cake that’s perfect for breakfast.
– Cream Cheese Coffee Cake: Swirl softened cream cheese into the batter before baking for a tangy twist on tradition. Mix together 8 ounces of cream cheese, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, and 1 egg yolk until smooth, then spread over half of the batter in the pan. Cover with remaining batter and bake.
Remember, these are just a few ideas for variations – feel free to get creative and experiment with any other ingredients you have on hand! Who knows? You might stumble upon the next great coffee cake recipe!
Serving and Pairing
You can serve this Good Morning Coffee Cake recipe in a variety of ways. It’s perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even as a sweet snack anytime during the day. This cake tastes exceptionally delicious when served warm with a cup of fresh coffee or hot chocolate.
If you’re feeling fancy, you can drizzle some homemade caramel sauce over the top or simply dust with powdered sugar for an added touch of sweetness. Pairing this cake with fresh fruit is also a great option to balance out the flavors and textures.
For those who love coffee, this cake goes perfectly with a freshly brewed pot of coffee or espresso. You can choose your favorite coffee beans and grind them up to make the perfect cup of joe to go alongside this tasty treat. Try making a blueberry coffee blend to create a fruity and refreshing pairing, or brew up a nice and bold cinnamon roll flavored pot.
If you want to indulge in some decadence, try serving this cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top for an extra special dessert treat. If you have other cakes like sponge cake, chocolate cakes, or crumb cakes lying around, you can serve these too to add more variety and fun to your spread.
No matter how you choose to serve this Good Morning Coffee Cake recipe, it’s sure to be a hit! It’s versatile and pairs well with so many other flavors, so don’t hesitate to get creative with your combinations. And don’t forget to enjoy it with good company while basking in the warmth that homemade coffee cakes bring every Christmas morning!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
One of the great things about this Good Morning Coffee Cake Recipe is that it can be made ahead of time, stored, and reheated to enjoy. If you’re planning to serve it for breakfast or brunch, you can prepare it the night before and store it in the refrigerator until ready to bake in the morning.
To make ahead, follow the recipe instructions up until baking. Instead of baking immediately, wrap the unbaked coffee cake tightly with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, remove from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before following the recipe instructions for baking.
If you have leftover coffee cake after serving, it can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2-3 days. However, keep in mind that the crumb topping may become slightly softer over time. To reheat a slice of coffee cake, place in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds or until heated through.
For longer storage, you can freeze the coffee cake. Wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and then again with aluminum foil before placing in the freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw and reheat, remove from freezer and let thaw at room temperature before reheating in a 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
Keep in mind that while reheating may soften the crumb topping slightly more than fresh out of the oven, it will not significantly affect the overall taste and texture of this amazing coffee cake.
Tips for Perfect Results
To ensure your Good Morning Coffee Cake comes out as delicious as possible, follow these tips for perfect results:
1. Use room temperature ingredients – this helps the ingredients combine better and results in a smoother batter.
2. Don’t overmix the batter – mix until everything is just combined, overmixing can result in a tough cake.
3. Use fresh baking powder – make sure to check the expiration date on your baking powder or it may not rise properly.
4. Use crumb topping and reserve some batter – adding a crumb topping adds an extra layer of flavor, and reserving some of the batter to layer on top ensures a nice cake-to-topping ratio.
5. Add fruit or nuts – if you like, add some blueberries or chopped nuts to your coffee cake for added texture and flavor.
6. Sift the flour – sifting the flour before measuring ensures an accurate measurement and a lighter crumb in the finished cake.
7. Allow the cake to cool completely before slicing – this will help prevent crumbling and ensure nice neat slices.
Follow these tips and you’re sure to have the perfect Good Morning Coffee Cake every time.
Now that you have our Good Morning Coffee Cake recipe, we hope you’ll give it a try and let us know what you think! This cake is perfect for special occasions, like Christmas morning or a lazy Sunday brunch, but it’s also versatile enough to be enjoyed any day of the year.
With its incredibly moist and tender crumb, crunchy cinnamon coffee crumb topping, and irresistible brown sugar flavor, this coffee cake has become one of our best-loved recipes. It is undoubtedly the perfect addition to your breakfast table with those steaming cups of hot coffee.
Moreover, this recipe can be easily customized to your preferences by using substitutions or variations. Whether it’s swapping out the filling for chocolate or blueberry or adjusting the sugar levels, you can experiment until you find your personal favorite recipe.
So grab a cup of coffee, put on some great music, and get baking! You might just find that our Good Morning Coffee Cake becomes a staple in your household – a crumbly king that reigns supreme on your breakfasts.
Try this recipe in different variations and relish in each bite of good morning coffee cake!
Good Morning Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (tightly packed)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- For Cake: Blend the first 6 ingredients; beat until well blended. Place mixture in a greased 9-inch square pan.
- For Topping: Mix the 3 topping ingredients; crumble over top the cake mixture.
- Bake in a 375°F preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
- Serve warm.