Get ready to impress everyone with my Blueberry White Chocolate Coffee Cake, a mouth-watering treat that will delight your taste buds. This cake is perfect for springtime, combining the juicy flavors of fresh blueberries with the creamy sweetness of white chocolate. With its moist texture and delicious aroma, this coffee cake will become your new favorite dessert for any occasion.
As an experienced cook, I know that baking can be tricky, but this recipe is simple enough for even the most amateur bakers to follow. You’ll be surprised at how easy it is to create a stunning cake loaded with fresh blueberries and topped with a heavenly white chocolate drizzle. Whether you’re planning a brunch or just want to indulge in a sweet treat on a lazy afternoon, this Blueberry White Chocolate Coffee Cake is sure to impress.
So, get out your baking supplies and let’s create the ultimate spring sweet treat with my Blueberry White Chocolate Coffee Cake recipe.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you looking for the perfect coffee cake to go with your morning brew? Look no further than this blueberry white chocolate coffee cake recipe. Trust me; you won’t be disappointed.
Loaded with fresh blueberries and white chocolate chips, this cake is super moist and bursting with flavor. The combination of blueberries and white chocolate creates a unique taste that will leave your taste buds begging for more.
This cake recipe is undoubtedly a crowd-pleaser, making it perfect for any occasion. Bring it to your next brunch or family gathering, and watch it disappear in seconds. It’s also a great way to impress your friends and show off your baking skills.
What makes this recipe stand out from other coffee cake recipes is the incorporation of white chocolate chips, giving it a modern twist. It’s not too sweet or too rich, making it the ultimate balance for a morning treat.
Not to mention, it’s effortless to make. With only a few simple ingredients, anyone can make this cake. No need to be an experienced baker or own any fancy kitchen gadgets. Just follow the steps and let the oven do the work.
If you’re a fan of classic blueberry coffee cake or white chocolate desserts, this recipe combines both perfectly. It’s the best of both worlds!
In conclusion, what’s not to love about a cake that is loaded with fresh blueberries and white chocolate chips? This recipe is delicious, easy to make, and perfect for any occasion. So what are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen and start baking!
Gather These Ingredients Together
Here is what you need to make this delectable Blueberry White Chocolate Coffee Cake Recipe:
– 2 cups of all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons of baking powder
– ¼ cup of shortening
– ¼ cup of butter, softened
– 1 cup of sugar
– 2 eggs
– ¾ cup of heavy cream or milk
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1 cup of fresh blueberries, topped
– ½ cup white chocolate chips
To make the cream cheese filling, you will also need:
– one package (8 ounces) of cream cheese, softened
– ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) of butter, softened
– ½ cup powdered sugar
Make sure to have these ingredients ready before starting the recipe for smooth sailing.
The Recipe How-To
Here comes the step-by-step guide to creating the Blueberry White Chocolate Coffee Cake that will surely satisfy your sweet cravings. Get ready, and let’s get baking!
Preheat the Oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Prepare The Pan: Grease a 10-cup bundt pan with softened butter and flour or cooking spray.
Combine Dry Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 tsp. of baking powder, and ½ tsp. of salt.
Cream Butter and Sugar: In another bowl of an electric mixer or with a hand mixer, cream 1 cup of butter (softened) and 1 ½ cups of sugar until light and fluffy.
Add Eggs One at a Time: Add 4 eggs (large) one at a time while continuously mixing the mixture.
Add Vanilla Extract: Stir in 2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
Alternate Dry Ingredients and Milk Mixture: Alternately mix in dry ingredients and milk mixture composed of 2/3 cup whole milk and ¼ cup heavy cream.
Stir In Fresh Blueberries and White Chocolate Chips: Fold in 2 cups of fresh blueberries and 1 cup of white chocolate chips.
Bake The Cake: Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan, and bake for about 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Cool The Cake: Let the cake cool into the pan for 15 minutes before transferring it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Drizzle With White Chocolate Syrup: Melt another 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips over low heat in the microwave or stovetop, stirring every 15 to 20 seconds until melted. Transfer melted chocolate to a piping bag or a small plastic bag with a tiny hole cut in the corner. Drizzle melted chocolate over the top of the cake.
Enjoy: Your Blueberry White Chocolate Coffee Cake is ready! You can now indulge yourself and enjoy it with friends or family for breakfast, brunch, or dessert.
Substitutions and Variations
This blueberry white chocolate coffee cake recipe is versatile and can be customized to your liking. Here are some substitutions and variations you can make:
– Substitute the white chocolate chips with dark chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips for a different flavor profile.
– Instead of blueberries, try using raspberries, strawberries or blackberries in the recipe. Frozen berries will work too.
– Swap out the all-purpose flour for gluten-free flour for a gluten-free version of the cake.
– If you don’t have heavy cream on hand, you can use whole milk or half and half. The cake may not be as rich, but it will still be delicious.
– For a lower fat option, replace the butter with shortening or coconut oil. However, keep in mind that the taste may be slightly different.
– Add some lemon zest or juice to the batter for a bright, citrusy flavor that pairs well with blueberries.
– To make individual portions, bake the batter in muffin tins instead of a bundt cake pan.
– Serve warm slices of the coffee cake with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for an indulgent treat.
With these substitutions and variations, you can experiment and find your own favorite version of this mouth-watering blueberry white chocolate coffee cake.
Serving and Pairing
This blueberry white chocolate coffee cake recipe is a perfect anytime snack. It can be served warm, room temperature or even chilled. It pairs perfectly with a hot cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk or tea. The sweet and tangy flavors of the fresh blueberries perfectly complement the sweetness of the white chocolate chips, making it an excellent pair for any occasion.
To make your serving more enticing, you can add a dollop of whipped cream and dust some powdered sugar on top. If you prefer something creamy, a scoop of vanilla ice cream will do the trick. For a extra zing, try sprinkling some lemon zest over the top.
This delicious cake is also versatile when it comes to pairing with drinks. You can never go wrong serving this coffee cake with a freshly brewed pot of coffee or hot cocoa on those chilly mornings. On warmer days, iced tea or fresh strawberries will provide just the right balance to the sweetness of this cake.
No matter how you choose to serve and pair this tasty snack, rest assured that it will surely satisfy any craving for something sweet and full of flavor!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Once your Blueberry White Chocolate Coffee Cake is baked and cooled completely, you can store it in an airtight container for up to three days at room temperature. To extend its shelf life, you may refrigerate it for up to a week or freeze for up to a month. Just take it out of the fridge or freezer 30 minutes before serving, and let it come to room temperature.
If you plan to make this cake ahead of time, don’t glaze or drizzle the white chocolate on top until right before serving. You may prepare the batter and bake the cake up to two days earlier, (or even a week before freezing) but wait until serving time to top it with berries and sauce. This will prevent them from getting soggy as well as preserve the freshness of your toppings.
Reheating your blueberry white chocolate coffee cake is easy! Simply preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C), wrap the cake in foil and put it in a baking dish. Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until heated through, This will help bring back the nice soft texture of your cake that might have been lost while stored. An alternative way is heating individual slices in the microwave at 50 percent power for 20-30 seconds.
Keep in mind that cheesecake bars with toppings, like fresh berries or chocolate drizzles, are best served immediately after assembling when they look their freshest and tastiest.
Tips for Perfect Results
Achieving perfect results can be challenging, especially if you are new to baking. But don’t worry! With these helpful tips, you’ll be able to make an impressive Blueberry White Chocolate Coffee Cake that everyone will love.
1. Use High-quality Ingredients: The quality of your ingredients is essential to the success of your cake. Always use fresh and high-quality ingredients, especially the blueberries.
2. Don’t Overmix: Overmixing the batter can cause your cake to become tough or chewy. Mix just until all the ingredients are combined evenly.
3. Let Your Ingredients Reach Room Temperature: Letting your ingredients reach room temperature before mixing them together makes for a better consistency.
4. Grease Your Pan: Don’t skip this step! Grease your pan well so that the cake doesn’t stick and you can easily remove it from the pan without it breaking.
5. Use Fresh Blueberries: Fresh blueberries are ideal for this recipe, but frozen ones will also work. Just make sure you thaw them completely before using them so that they don’t release too much moisture in the batter.
6. Add Flour to The Blueberries: To prevent the blueberries from settling at the bottom of the pan, coat them lightly with flour before adding them to the batter.
7. Let it Cool Down Before Cutting: Allow the cake to cool down for at least 15-20 minutes before cutting it. Doing this will help ensure that the slices come out perfectly.
Follow these tips, and you’ll have a super-moist Blueberry White Chocolate Coffee Cake loaded with fresh blueberries topped with a white chocolate drizzle that is sure to impress your friends and family!
In conclusion, this Blueberry White Chocolate Coffee Cake recipe is a versatile dessert that can be enjoyed in many settings. Whether you are hosting a brunch, celebrating a special occasion or craving something sweet with your coffee, this cake is the perfect treat. It is easy to make with common ingredients and substitutions can be made to suit your preferences.
As a barista and coffee lover myself, I highly recommend pairing this cake with a cup of hot coffee. The flavors of blueberry and white chocolate complement coffee so well, creating a delicious balance between sweetness and bitterness.
Furthermore, this cake can be made ahead and stored for later, making it perfect for meal prepping or bringing to potlucks. With the added bonus of being able to substitute frozen blueberries for fresh ones, it’s a dessert that can be enjoyed year-round.
In summary, if you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that pairs perfectly with your morning coffee, then give this Blueberry White Chocolate Coffee Cake recipe a try! You won’t regret it!
Blueberry White Chocolate Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 -2 tablespoon heavy cream or 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line jelly roll pan, 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1 inch, with non-stick foil or generously grease the pan.
- Beat sugar, margarine, shortening, baking powder, vanilla, almond extract and eggs in large bowl on low speed, scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in flour.
- Spread 2/3 of the batter in pan. Sprinkle white chocolate chips evenly over batter. Carefully spoon out and spread blueberry filling over chips.
- Drop remaining coffeecake batter by tablespoonsful onto pie filling.
- Bake about 40 to 45 minutes, or until batter begins to turn golden. Let rest about 10 minutes while you make the glaze.
- Drizzle glaze over warm coffee cake. Serve warm or let stand until cool. Store in a covered container.
- For the glaze, mix ingredients until smooth and of drizzling consistency. Use a zip-top baggie with a tiny corner cut off as a container and drizzle a wiggly pattern over the top of the coffeecake. 36 servings.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You