As a barista, I’ve come across numerous coffee recipes in my career, but the brewed orange cinnamon coffee recipe has proven to be one of my favorites. The combination of sweet oranges and warm cinnamon is heavenly, and it’s precisely what you need to start your day off on the right foot.
If you’re a coffee enthusiast, you’ll love this recipe as much as I do. Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also perfect for lounging around on your day off or entertaining friends and family. The flavors of this recipe blend perfectly into a delightful drink that you won’t want to put down.
This recipe will be sure to get your day started on the right note, whether you prefer hot coffee or iced coffee, just brew and enjoy. The sweetness of the orange paired with fragrant cinnamon enhances the flavor of the coffee beans and creates an unforgettable combination of flavors that is worth trying out.
So grab your apron, get out your coffee machine or French press, and let’s make some brewed orange cinnamon coffee!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you’re a coffee lover, then you must try our brewed Orange Cinnamon coffee recipe! This recipe is perfect for anyone who wants to add a little twist to their regular cup of joe. The combination of orange and cinnamon gives this cup of coffee an aromatic flavor that will remind you of freshly baked pastries in the morning.
At our coffee shop, we believe that creating the perfect cup of coffee is an art form. That’s why we use only the best ingredients to craft this incredible recipe. We start with regular grind coffee beans and add freshly grated orange zest and ground cinnamon to create a magical blend that will tantalize your taste buds.
One of the things that make this recipe truly special is how versatile it is. You can easily adapt the recipe to your preferences by adjusting the amount of cinnamon or orange zest depending on how strong or subtle you want the flavor to be. Plus, you can prepare it in various brewing methods such as a coffee machine, French press, or cold brew.
This recipe is perfect for any occasion – whether you’re savoring it at home or entertaining guests. It’s also an excellent way to kick-start your day or unwind after a long day’s work. You’ll be amazed at how easily this Orange Cinnamon Coffee can become part of your daily routine.
Give our brewed Orange Cinnamon Coffee Recipe a try today and discover a new level of indulgence in your morning cuppa!
Here’s a rundown of the ingredients you’ll need to make this delicious brewed orange cinnamon coffee recipe:
- Medium Roast Regular Grind Coffee (2 tablespoons per cup)
- Cinnamon Stick (1/2 inch per cup)
- Ground Cinnamon (1/4 teaspoon)
- Orange Zest (1/2 teaspoon per cup)
- Water (6 fluid ounces per cup)
- Vanilla Extract (1 teaspoon)
- Brown Sugar (for a sweeter taste)
The Recipe How-To
Once you have gathered all the ingredients for this brewed orange cinnamon coffee recipe, follow these simple steps to make a delicious and flavorful coffee:
Step 1: Prep the Coffee Maker
Prepare your coffee maker by filling it with water and coffee grounds. To enhance the cinnamon flavor, add a teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the coffee grounds before brewing.
Step 2: Add Orange Flavors
Add two strips of orange peel, a teaspoon of orange zest, and a cinnamon stick to your coffee maker’s brew basket.
Step 3: Brew the Coffee
Brew your coffee as you would normally, using your coffee maker’s instructions.
Step 4: Add Sweetener (Optional)
While the coffee brews, you can sweeten it with brown sugar, honey or any of your preferred sweeteners.
Step 5: Serve and Enjoy!
Serve hot with crushed ice cubes for a refreshing take on iced coffee or add cinnamon ice cubes instead. This recipe makes four cups- perfect for sharing!
Voila, sit back and savour every sip of this delicious Orange Cinnamon Coffee!
Substitutions and Variations
There are several ways to switch up the ingredients in this Orange Cinnamon Coffee recipe to make it uniquely your own. Here are some substitution and variation suggestions:
– Use different coffee grounds: Feel free to experiment with various coffee blends and flavors to find your perfect match. Try a chicory blend, medium roast, or even espresso for a bolder flavor.
– Swap regular milk for non-dairy alternatives: If you’re looking for a dairy-free option, try using almond milk or coconut milk instead of regular milk. It will add a nutty flavor to the drink.
– Add honey instead of brown sugar: For those who prefer a sweeter taste, honey is an excellent alternative to brown sugar. It pairs incredibly well with cinnamon and orange zest and can enhance the drink’s overall flavor profile.
– Boost the spice level: If you’re into spicy drinks, you can adjust the spice level by adding a pinch of cayenne pepper or chili powder to the brew basket.
– Make it iced: Instead of serving this beverage hot, try making it iced by placing crushed ice in a glass and pouring the brewed coffee over it. It’s perfect for hot summer days!
– Use blood oranges: If you want to add an extra pop of color and flavor, try using blood oranges in place of regular oranges. They have a sweeter and slightly tangier taste which adds depth to this warm beverage.
– Make it a latte: To make this recipe into a latte, froth the milk till it gets creamy and adds it on top of the brewed coffee. You can sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top for garnish.
These substitutions and variations are just suggestions— feel free to mix and match various ingredients until you find your perfect combination of flavors!
Serving and Pairing
The brewed orange cinnamon coffee recipe is a versatile beverage that can be enjoyed in various ways, both hot and cold. It is perfect for cozy mornings or as an afternoon pick-me-up. Here are a few serving and pairing ideas to help enhance your experience:
– Hot: Pour the hot brewed orange cinnamon coffee into your favorite mug and add a dollop of whipped cream or a sprinkle of cinnamon powder on top. Pair it with a warm slice of freshly baked cinnamon bread or a sweet pastry.
– Cold: For an iced version, let the brewed orange cinnamon coffee cool down to room temperature and pour it over crushed ice. Garnish with an orange peel for an extra burst of flavor. This refreshing drink pairs well with light snacks such as fruit skewers or a small cheese plate.
– Latte: If you’re feeling fancy, turn your brewed orange cinnamon coffee into a latte by frothing some milk (dairy or non-dairy) in a separate pitcher and pouring it over the top of the coffee. Add a drizzle of honey or sprinkle some cinnamon powder for sweetness.
– Alcoholic twist: Want to take it up a notch? Add a splash of bourbon, whiskey, or rum to your hot or cold brewed orange cinnamon coffee. This adult version pairs well with spicy snacks such as grilled shrimp skewers or buffalo wings.
No matter how you decide to serve and pair your brewed orange cinnamon coffee, you’re sure to enjoy its fragrant aroma and delicious taste.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
There’s nothing like waking up to a freshly brewed cup of coffee, but sometimes you don’t have the time or energy to make it from scratch every morning. That’s where the make-ahead option comes in: you can prepare a batch of brewed orange cinnamon coffee and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Simply pour the amount you need into a mug, reheat it in the microwave or on the stovetop, and savour your homemade specialty coffee in no time.
To store your brewed orange cinnamon coffee, allow it to cool to room temperature first. Next, transfer it to an airtight container, and pop it into the fridge until you’re ready to use it. You can even freeze the coffee if you’d like more extensive storage options. However, keep in mind that freezing may somewhat alter the flavour and aroma of the coffee, since freezing tends to weaken the coffee’s potency.
Reheating your make-ahead brewed orange cinnamon coffee is easy too — just follow one of these two methods:
First method: Reheat on the stove top
1. Pour desired amount of cold coffee into a small saucepan.
2. Heat over medium heat until hot (about 5 minutes).
3. Serve hot.
Second method: Reheat in a microwave
1. Pour desired amount of cold coffee into a microwave-safe glass.
2. Heat on high for 30-60 seconds.
3. Serve hot.
Finally, always remember to double-check your stored and reheated coffee taste by doing a quick taste test before serving – this will ensure that your guests will never have anything less than an incredible experience when they sip on your delightful orange cinnamon brews!
Tips for Perfect Results
Brewed Orange Cinnamon Coffee recipe is a flavorful and aromatic drink that can be enjoyed hot or iced. With the perfect blend of orange zest, cinnamon, and coffee, this delightful beverage can be a great addition to your daily routine. However, achieving the perfect result might take some effort and expertise. Here are some useful tips that can help you become a skilled barista and make the best cup of Orange Cinnamon Coffee.
Firstly, make sure you have fresh and high-quality ingredients on hand. Start with whole coffee beans that are roasted to perfection, and then grind them to a regular consistency before brewing. Also, use freshly squeezed orange juice and grate the zest before preparing the drink. These small details may seem insignificant, but they will contribute to creating a flavorful cup of coffee.
Secondly, it’s crucial to measure accurately when making Orange Cinnamon Coffee. Use the recommended amount of ingredients as listed in the recipe to ensure the right balance of flavors. If you prefer stronger or milder coffee, add more or less coffee grounds accordingly but keep the cinnamon and orange zest amount moderately fixed.
Thirdly, use fresh water at the correct temperature when brewing your coffee. Ideally using filtered water which enhances the taste profile by removing unwanted impurities while adding minerals back in for an overall richer flavor. Correct temperature ranges from 195-205 °F (91-96°C) depending on how strong you want your coffee.
Next, infuse a cinnamon stick in the hot brewed coffee for that final touch of exotic flavors topped off with sugar or honey to sweeten things up based on your preference. Don’t be afraid to get creative with your infusion time if you like your coffee with different types of finish seasonings.
Lastly, don’t rush through making Orange Cinnamon Coffee; instead, dedicate enough time to each step so that every stage is executed correctly. Take pride in what you are making and allow yourself to enjoy the process. Your efforts and patience will be rewarded with a perfect cup of coffee that can brighten up any day.
Keeping these tips in mind can make a huge difference in achieving a consistently delicious cup of Orange Cinnamon Coffee every time. As you continue to practice, you’ll soon gain the confidence to experiment with new flavors and create your variations of this exquisite drink.
Now that you have learned how to make a delicious brewed orange cinnamon coffee using the recipe provided, let us move on to some frequently asked questions about this recipe that can help you troubleshoot any issues that you might encounter while making it.
Can you add cinnamon to coffee while brewing?
One quick way to add some flavor to your coffee is to sprinkle a bit of ground cinnamon onto your coffee grounds in the filter before brewing. However, bear in mind that doing so may cause your coffee to be slightly weaker than usual. If you prefer a stronger taste, you can try adding an extra scoop or two of coffee grounds.
How much cinnamon should you add to coffee?
To not only enhance the flavor of your coffee, but also reap the health benefits of cinnamon, I recommend using ground cinnamon. However, it’s important to exercise moderation. Adding a small pinch or about 1/4 teaspoon per cup of coffee should suffice.
What is the best way to add cinnamon to your coffee?
To enhance your coffee with the warm and comforting taste of cinnamon, a great way is to add it directly to the coffee grounds before brewing. This technique works well when using a drip machine or pour-over method to brew coffee at home.
Can you put orange zest in coffee?
To make Zesty Orange Coffee, start by combining coffee granules, orange zest, granulated sweetener, ginger, and water in a large measuring cup. Stir the mixture until the coffee is dissolved and everything is well blended. Then, evenly pour the mixture into 4 mugs or coffee cups. To finish it off, add a dollop of whipped topping for a triumphant finish.
Now that you know how to make a delicious brewed Orange Cinnamon coffee recipe, I hope you will try it out soon. As a barista, I can tell you that this recipe offers a perfect balance of sweet and spicy flavors that will leave your taste buds wanting more.
Not only is this coffee recipe easy to make, but it is also very versatile. You can adjust the amount of ground cinnamon and brown sugar to suit your taste preferences, or even add in some honey for an extra touch of sweetness. Additionally, feel free to experiment with different types of coffee beans and brewing methods to find your perfect cup.
Finally, if you are feeling adventurous, try creating your own unique variations by adding in different spices or fruit flavors such as blood orange or vanilla extract. Whatever you choose, just remember to sip slowly and savor every moment of this indulgent and comforting beverage.
In conclusion, brewed Orange Cinnamon coffee is the perfect beverage for both coffee lovers and food enthusiasts alike. It offers a tantalizing blend of flavors that will awaken your senses and leave you feeling satisfied all day long. So why not step outside of your comfort zone today and give this recipe a try? Who knows, it may just become your new favorite coffee drink!
Brewed Orange Cinnamon Coffee Recipe
- 1/3 cup regular grind coffee
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Blend coffee and dry ingredients in a blender.
- Blend in flavoring and extracts.
- Scrape sides and blend 15 seconds more.
- Makes one 8-cup pot.
- Add sugar/sweetener and/or creamer as desired.
- To give as a gift: Place coffee mix in a filter. Place filter on a square of plastic wrap. Draw together with a ribbon.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You