Are you ready to indulge in a luscious dessert? If so, then you’ve come to the right place! This recipe is the perfect solution for those with a sweet tooth who love to savor the flavors of summer fruits. Our Peach Coffee Cake is made with fresh peaches, which are simply bursting with natural sweetness and juiciness. This is a cake that will satisfy both your cravings and your heart’s desire.
Whether you’re looking for a special coffee cake recipe extraordinaire or just want something easy for breakfast, this peach coffee cake is sure to please. Its comforting aroma wafts through the room as you take your first bite. The moist cake, fresh peach topping, and crunchy pecan streusel combine perfectly in every delicious bite!
But this cake isn’t just special because of its delicious ingredients. It’s also one that can be dressed up or down depending on what occasion you serve it at. It’s versatile enough to be the centerpiece of your summer brunch or dinner party, but it’s also perfect for enjoying on a lazy Sunday morning.
So whether you’re in the mood for a slice of peach kuchen, or craving something sweeter like peach cobbler, our Peach Coffee Cake is an incredible choice either way! So let’s get started with the recipe and discover how easy it is to make this dessert yourself. Get ready to experience a luscious peach coffee cake like no other!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you’re a coffee lover like me, then this Luscious Peach Coffee Cake recipe is simply irresistible! With its heavenly blend of fresh, juicy peaches and aromatic coffee flavors, it is sure to satisfy your taste buds and leave you wanting more.
This recipe is perfect for all occasions – whether you want to indulge in a sinful breakfast treat, impress your guests with a special coffee cake, or simply satisfy your sweet tooth cravings.
One of the reasons why you’ll love this recipe is that it’s incredibly easy to make. All the ingredients are readily available in your pantry, and the recipe itself has simple step-by-step instructions that guarantee perfect results every time. Plus, it takes only about an hour to bake!
Moreover, this recipe is extremely versatile. You can easily customize it by substituting the fresh peach topping for other fruits such as blueberries or apples. You can also experiment with different streusel toppings such as pecans or almonds to add that extra crunch.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it can be made ahead of time and stored for later use. You don’t have to worry about stale bakery goods since this Luscious Peach Coffee Cake stays perfectly moist and flavorful even when reheated.
So stop settling for boring coffee cakes and try out this delicious treat that will make your taste buds dance with joy. Trust me; once you take your first bite, you’ll be hooked!
Here is a list of ingredients that you’ll need to make this Luscious Peach Coffee Cake Recipe. Check your pantry and fridge for these basic essentials before you start making the cake:
- Baking Powder
- Fresh Peach or Peach Pie Filling
Note: If you choose to use peach pie filling instead of fresh peaches, please adjust the sugar amount accordingly as pie filling already contains added sugar.
For the crumb topping/streusel, you’ll need:
- Brown sugar
- Pecans (optional)
The glaze/frosting for the cake is made of:
- Confectioners’ sugar
Pro-tip: For an extra special coffee cake recipe, try using sour cream instead of milk in the batter! It adds a delightful tanginess to it. You can also opt for blueberry or apple fillings instead of peaches for a variation.
The Recipe How-To
Let’s dive right into how to make this Luscious Peach Coffee Cake recipe that combines the flavors of sweet, juicy peaches with a moist and fluffy cake. First, preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare a 9×13 inch baking dish by greasing it with some butter or cooking spray.
Here’s what you’ll need for the cake ingredients:
- All-purpose flour (2 cups)
- Baking powder (4 tsp)
- Salt (1/4 tsp)
- Unsalted butter (1/2 cup, softened)
- Granulated sugar (1 cup)
- Eggs (2 large)
- Milk (1/2 cup)
For the peach topping, you will need:
- Fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (3 cups)
- Brown sugar (1/2 cup)
- Ground cinnamon (1 tsp)
And for the streusel topping:
- All-purpose flour (1/2 cup)
- Granulated sugar (1/4 cup)
- Cold unsalted butter, cubed (4 tbsp)
The Recipe How-To
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy. Then add in the eggs one at a time.
- Gradually mix in half of the dry ingredients mixture, then add in the milk until everything is well combined. Continue adding the remaining dry ingredients mixture.
- Pour the cake batter into your prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Arrange thinly sliced peaches on top of the cake batter as desired. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon powder all over it.
- Mix flour, sugar and cold unsalted butter together in a bowl with a fork until crumbly, then spread it over the top of the peaches evenly.
- Bake the cake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool down for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Substitutions and Variations
If you’re looking to switch things up, here are some substitutions and variations you could make:
- Swap out peaches for other fruits such as blueberries, apples, or blackberries.
- Add chopped pecans or almonds to the streusel topping for an extra crunch.
- Mix some sour cream into the batter to make it even more moist and rich.
Serving and Pairing
This cake makes for an excellent breakfast or brunch option alongside a hot cup of coffee (of course). But don’t let that stop you from enjoying it any time of day!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
If you’re planning on making this cake ahead of time or have leftovers, it
Substitutions and Variations
If you’re looking for a way to switch up this luscious peach coffee cake recipe, there are plenty of substitutions and variations that you can try. Here are a few ideas:
– Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake: Instead of using fresh peaches, consider using blueberries or a combination of blueberries and peaches. This will give your cake a slightly different flavor and color.
– Apple Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake: For a more fruity and complex flavor profile, try incorporating apples into your coffee cake. A blend of apples, blueberries, and peaches is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
– Streusel Coffee Cake: If you’re not in the mood for fruit, but still want a delicious coffee cake, try making a classic streusel coffee cake recipe. This will add some crunch to your cake and make it even more indulgent.
– Peach Upside Down Cake: Want to take your peach obsession to the next level? Try making a peach upside-down cake by arranging sliced peaches on the bottom of your pan and pouring the batter over them. Once baked, you’ll have a beautiful caramelized peach topping!
– Peach Dump Cake: Looking for an easy peach dessert that doesn’t require much fuss? A peach dump cake is just what you need. Simply layer canned peaches with yellow cake mix and butter in a baking dish, bake, and enjoy!
Overall, there are countless ways to get creative with this luscious peach coffee cake recipe. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different fruits, toppings, and other ingredients to make it your own!
Serving and Pairing
Picture this: a warm slice of luscious peach coffee cake, fresh out of the oven, with a dollop of whipped cream on top – it’s a match made in heaven. This peach coffee cake is perfect for a lazy Sunday morning breakfast or an afternoon treat to go with your cup of coffee.
But let’s not limit ourselves to just whipped cream. You can pair this delicious cake with so many other things – vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, or even drizzled with honey. The possibilities are endless.
If you’re feeling fancy, you can even dress up this easy peach coffee cake by making a fresh peach topping to take it to the next level. The topping is simply made up of fresh peaches and a syrup mixture that is cooked down until thickened. This adds an extra layer of flavor and texture to the already decadent cake.
Not only is this recipe great for serving as a whole cake, but you can also make muffins or cupcakes out of it for individual servings. Perfect for when you’re on-the-go or need a quick breakfast before work.
This luscious peach coffee cake is also great served alongside other summer desserts such as peach cobbler or blueberry crumble. It’s versatility makes it one of my go-to recipes for lazy summer afternoons spent under the sun.
Trust me when I say that this fresh peach streusel coffee cake is perfect for any occasion – whether you want it for breakfast, dessert or anything in between. So go ahead and pair it with your favorite drink or even serve it at your next brunch gathering – it’s sure to be a hit!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Are you planning to serve the Luscious Peach Coffee Cake to your guests for brunch or dessert? Here are some tips on how to make it ahead, store it, and reheat it perfectly.
To make the cake ahead of time, you can prepare the batter and the streusel topping one day in advance. Store them separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator. On the day of serving, assemble the cake by layering the batter and the peach filling in a greased baking dish, and sprinkle the streusel topping over it.
You can also bake the cake 1-2 days ahead of time and store it on an airtight container at room temperature. However, note that the texture may slightly change if left uneaten for more than 2 days.
If you have leftover cake that you want to store, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it for later consumption by wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap followed by aluminum foil, then placing it in an airtight container. It can be stored in the freezer for up to a month.
To reheat the cake, preheat your oven to 350°F and place it on a baking sheet. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 10 minutes or until heated through. You can also reheat individual slices in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
With these tips, you can enjoy this delicious Luscious Peach Coffee Cake even as leftovers, without compromising its taste or texture.
Tips for Perfect Results
As a seasoned baker, I’ve learned a few tips and tricks to help you make the perfect peach coffee cake.
Firstly, it’s essential to measure ingredients accurately. Use a scale to measure ingredients for optimal accuracy. The right amount of flour, sugar, and baking powder can make or break your coffee cake.
Secondly, take care not to overmix the batter. Over-mixing can result in a dense crumb texture due to excess gluten formation. Once the wet and dry ingredients are combined to form a batter, stop mixing when you no longer see any visible clumps of dry ingredients.
Thirdly, use fresh peaches when possible. Fresh peaches add an unbeatable flavor and fragrance to the final product of the cake. Choose ripe and juicy peaches; these will give off as much juice when baking, lending texture and moisture to the cake.
Fourthly, do not overfill the cake pan with batter as it can cause uneven baking that can burn or become gummy at the bottom before cooking thoroughly in the center. Always fill only up to two-thirds of the pan.
Finally, be mindful while baking! The aroma is enjoyable, but watch out for burning on top – loosely cover with tin foil if necessary. Time also depends on which oven you are using, so keep an eye on the clock and ensure that your cake has fully cooked (toothpick-test) before taking it out from the oven.
With these simple tips in mind, you’ll be well on your way to making a perfect peach coffee cake every time!
In conclusion, the luscious peach coffee cake recipe is perfect for satisfying your cravings for something sweet and comforting. With its delicious combination of fresh peaches, streusel topping, and sour cream coffee cake base, this recipe is sure to become a family favorite.
This recipe’s versatility makes it an excellent fit for any occasion, whether it’s for breakfast, dessert or a special occasion. Plus, with many substitutions and variations available, you can customize it to suit your tastes or dietary needs.
So why not make this recipe extra special by using fresh peaches in season or incorporating blackberries or blueberries? Trust me; this easy peach crumb cake will be the star of any meal!
Finally, don’t forget these tips for creating the perfect luscious peach coffee cake: use high-quality ingredients, measure carefully, don’t overmix the batter, and let the cake cool down before serving. And if you have leftovers (doubtful!), they can be stored easily and reheated when needed.
I hope you enjoy making and indulging in this delicious luscious peach coffee cake as much as I enjoy sharing this recipe with you. Happy baking!
Luscious Peach Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (21 ounce) can peach pie filling
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; add to creamed mixture and beat just until combined.
- Spread 3 3/4 cups of batter into a greased 15 x 10 baking pan.
- Carefully spoon pie filling to within 1" of edges.
- Spoon remaining batter over filling.
- Bake at 350º for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean (cover loosely with foil if edges brown to quickly).
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the icing ingredients. Drizzle over coffee cake.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You