Welcome, coffee lovers! Today, I’m here to share with you a recipe that will change your coffee game forever. I’m talking about the ultimate strawberry coffee cake recipe, perfect for enhancing your mornings and brunches.
Imagine a moist, fluffy cake with refreshing hints of fresh strawberries in every bite, paired with a hot cup of your favorite coffee. Trust me; this is the kind of breakfast that will put a smile on your face all day long.
As a barista constantly experimenting with different coffee drinks and foods, I’m here to show you that making your delicious and delightful strawberry coffee cake is easier than it looks. With just a few simple ingredients and some easy-to-follow steps, soon enough, you’ll have perfected the ultimate strawberry creation.
So get ready to indulge in a slice of heaven with my best strawberry coffee cake recipe yet. Get excited because this dish will undoubtedly be the talk of your kitchen and leave everyone asking for seconds!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you a fan of strawberries? Do you love coffee cake? If so, then you are going to adore this Strawberry Coffee Cake recipe! It’s everything you ever wanted in a dessert – sweet, tangy, and oh so delicious.
The combination of fresh or frozen sweetened strawberries with a light cake batter is just divine. This coffee cake is the perfect summer treat, but it can also brighten up any dull day. It’s like a burst of sunshine with every bite!
But why stop there? With this recipe, you can also try out some fun variations. Add a crumb topping to make it even more indulgent, or mix fresh sliced strawberries into the batter for an extra burst of flavor.
This Strawberry Coffee Cake is perfect for any occasion. Whether you want to impress your guests at a brunch or simply treat yourself to something sweet on a lazy afternoon, this cake will always satisfy your cravings.
So why settle for plain old coffee when you can have something as special as this? Indulge in the best strawberry coffee cake recipe out there and see why everyone loves it!
For the Cake Ingredients:
- Flour: 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Baking Powder: 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Baking Soda: 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Unsalted Butter: 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- Granulated Sugar: 1 and 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- Egg: 1 large egg, room temperature
- Vanilla: 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Buttermilk: 3/4 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- Frozen Sweetened Strawberries: 1 and 1/2 cups frozen sweetened strawberries (thawed and drained well)
Strawberry Crumb Topping Ingredients:
- Flour: 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Brown Sugar: 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Granulated Sugar: 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Cinnamon: 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt: 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Butter: 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Fresh Strawberries (sliced): for topping.
The Recipe How-To
Mix, pour, and bake!
Now that we’ve gone through the recipe’s introduction and discussed why you’ll love creating this strawberry coffee cake, let’s jump right into the how-to of this delicious treat.
Step 1: Preheat Your Oven
First things first, make sure your oven is preheated. Set it to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius) before starting to create your batter.
Step 2: Create Your Batter
To create your batter, start by whisking together all dry ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl. This should include 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 and ½ teaspoons of baking powder, and ½ teaspoon of salt. Set the mixture aside until needed.
Next, move to a separate larger mixing bowl and use an electric mixer to cream 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter with ¾ cup granulated sugar. Mix for around three minutes until fluffy, then gradually add in 1 large egg and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract while continuing to mix.
Once completed, gradually add in your dry ingredient mixture while also adding in 1 cup of buttermilk at the same time. Mix them together well before adding in a package (about 10 ounces) of frozen sweetened strawberries, making sure they are cut up into small pieces.
Step 3: Prepare the Crumb Topping
To prepare the crumb topping mix together 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small mixing bowl. Cut the unsalted butter into small cubes and add to the mix along with 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Use a pastry cutter or fork to combine everything together until it becomes crumbly.
Step 4: Pour Into Pan and Add Topping
Next, pour your batter into a 9-inch baking pan that has been greased and floured. Once poured in the batter, spread it gently and thickly as needed to fill the pan.
Take your crumb topping mix and sprinkle it evenly over the top of your batter. If you want more sweetness, consider adding additional sugar (1/4 cup) on top of the crumb mixture.
Step 5: Bake Your Cake
Finally, pop your strawberry coffee cake into the preheated oven and allow it to bake for around 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Once baked, remove from oven and cool before serving. Enjoy your fresh strawberry coffee cake with hot coffee or sweet tea for a delicious afternoon snack or weekend brunch treat!
Substitutions and Variations
If you’re not a big fan of strawberries or want to switch things up, there are plenty of substitutions and variations for this strawberry coffee cake recipe. Here are some ideas:
– Blueberries: Swap out the strawberries for fresh or frozen blueberries.
– Mixed berries: Use a mix of your favorite berries such as raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries.
– Lemon: Add lemon zest or juice to the batter and topping for a delicious lemony twist on this coffee cake.
– Chocolate chips: Fold in some chocolate chips into the batter for a sweet and decadent treat.
– Nuts: Add chopped nuts such as walnuts or pecans to the crumb topping for some extra crunch.
– Gluten-free: Use gluten-free all-purpose flour instead of regular flour to make this recipe gluten-free.
– Vegan: Substitute buttermilk with almond milk or soy milk, use vegan butter instead of unsalted butter, and replace the egg with a flax egg to make this recipe vegan-friendly.
No matter what variation you choose, this coffee cake recipe will be sure to impress. Get creative and experiment with different flavors until you find your new favorite!
Serving and Pairing
Serving and pairing are crucial aspects of enjoying any dish or dessert, and the same goes for this delectable strawberry coffee cake. Whether you’re indulging in a slice with your morning cup of coffee, or serving it up as an after-dinner treat, there are plenty of ways to enjoy this delightful cake.
One of the best things about this strawberry coffee cake is how versatile it is when it comes to pairing with other flavors. The sweetness of the strawberries pairs well with a variety of complimentary flavors, like a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. You can even try adding some freshly sliced strawberries on top for an extra burst of fruitiness.
If you prefer something a little more savory, try serving this cake alongside some scrambled eggs or bacon for a sweet and salty breakfast combo. It also pairs well with herbal teas, like chamomile or earl grey, which help bring out the fragrant hints of cinnamon and vanilla.
When it comes to presentation, you can elevate your serving game by dusting the top with powdered sugar or arranging some fresh strawberry slices on top. Serving this cake on a fancy platter or pedestal cake stand adds an extra touch of elegance to your brunch table or dessert spread.
Whether served as a standalone breakfast treat or as part of an impressive dessert buffet spread, this strawberry coffee cake is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any gathering. Dazzle your guests with its delicious strawberry flavors and versatility in pairing, while impressing them with its beautiful presentation.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
One of the best things about this strawberry coffee cake recipe is that you can make it ahead of time and store it for later. This way, you can have a delicious breakfast or snack ready to go whenever you need it. To make ahead, simply follow the recipe instructions up to baking the cake. Once cooled, wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap, and store it in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to three days.
When you’re ready to serve, bring the cake to room temperature before reheating it. You can reheat individual slices in the microwave for 10-15 seconds per slice or in a preheated oven at 350°F for 5-7 minutes.
If you have any leftover cake, simply store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. However, keep in mind that the crumb topping may become soggy over time. When reheating leftovers, use one of the methods described earlier and avoid using the microwave as it can make the crumb topping even softer.
You can also freeze your strawberry coffee cake for up to three months by wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap and foil before storing it in an airtight container or freezer bag. Thaw the cake overnight in the refrigerator before reheating it using one of the methods described above.
With these easy tips and tricks, you can enjoy your homemade strawberry coffee cake anytime without worrying about freshness or quality.
Tips for Perfect Results
Making the perfect strawberry coffee cake requires attention to detail, but with a few tips, you can make sure your cake comes out perfectly every time. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when making this delicious recipe:
1. Soften your butter: Make sure your butter is at room temperature before mixing it with the sugar. This will ensure that the butter and sugar cream together properly, giving your cake a light and fluffy texture.
2. Measure your ingredients precisely: Baking is a science and requires accurate measurements. Use measuring cups and spoons instead of eyeballing the ingredients to ensure that you get the right ratios of flour, sugar, and other ingredients.
3. Use fresh strawberries: While frozen strawberries work well in this recipe, nothing beats the flavor of fresh strawberries. Use ripe, sweet strawberries for the best results.
4. Don’t overmix the batter: Overmixing can result in a tough cake. Mix the ingredients only until they are just combined.
5. Let the cake cool before slicing it: It can be tempting to dig into this delicious cake right away, but letting it cool first will make it easier to slice and prevent it from falling apart.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to create a delicious and beautiful strawberry coffee cake that’s perfect for brunch or as an afternoon treat.
Now that you have read and understood the recipe for making a delectable Strawberry Coffee Cake, it’s time to hit the kitchen! This coffee cake is perfect for sharing with your loved ones, as well as treating yourself to a sweet and satisfying breakfast or snack.
So don’t hesitate, go ahead and try out this recipe and impress everyone with your culinary skills. Remember to make any necessary substitutions or variations to suit your taste preferences. Additionally, be sure to store and reheat the cake using the tips provided in this article.
With these simple yet effective instructions, making a perfect Strawberry Coffee Cake has never been easier. So let’s get baking and enjoy the mouthwatering flavors of fresh strawberries and crumbly goodness in every bite!
Strawberry Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (10 ounce) package sliced frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, ligtly beaten
- In lg saucepan, combine strawberries and cornstarch til blended.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cinnamon, almond and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, set aside.
- In lg. bowl, combine flour and sugar.
- Cut in butter til mixture is crumbly.
- *Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- Add baking powder, soda and salt to the remaining flour mixture.
- Stir in buttermilk, 1 teaspoons vanilla and beaten egg til moistened.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups batter into greased 8" square baking dish.
- Carefully spread/top with strawberry mixture.
- Drop remaining batter by Tbls. over strawberry mixture.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350º for 35-40 minutes or til golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You