Dear fellow dessert enthusiasts,
The season of fresh, juicy peaches is upon us, and what better way to indulge than with a freshly baked peach coffee cake? As a barista, I know a thing or two about coffee and the perfect accompaniments to enhance its flavor. And let me tell you, this peach coffee cake is the perfect companion for your morning cup of joe.
As a lover of all things sweet, I can assure you that this recipe will become a staple in your dessert repertoire. The combination of soft, moist cake and fresh peaches with a cinnamon-streusel topping is simply heavenly. Plus, the aroma that fills your kitchen while it bakes will make your mouth water in anticipation.
I promise you won’t regret giving this recipe a shot. And who knows, perhaps it will also become one of your go-to desserts for impressing guests at potlucks or weekend brunches.
So without further ado, let’s jump right into making this delectable sweet dough peach coffee cake.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
My dear friends, I must confess that the Peach Coffee Cake Sweet Dough Recipe is one of my personal favorites! There are several reasons why this recipe will capture your heart and tantalize your taste buds.
Firstly, let’s talk about the fresh peaches. Ahh, there is nothing quite like the sweet and juicy flavors of a perfectly ripe peach. This recipe calls for two cups of fresh peaches, which create a delightful burst of flavor in every bite. The combination of the sweet peaches and warm cinnamon streusel is simply heavenly.
Secondly, this recipe is incredibly versatile. You can make it as a morning treat or serve it as a dessert after a delicious meal. It’s perfect for any occasion or time of day. Additionally, you can substitute blueberries or canned peaches if fresh peaches are not available.
Thirdly, this recipe is easy to make! Even if you are new to baking, you can achieve success with this recipe. The jump recipe is straightforward and easy to follow, and the ingredients are readily accessible. Furthermore, you can use Bridgford Frozen Bread Dough, which makes this recipe even easier!
Finally, this Peach Coffee Cake Sweet Dough Recipe yields a mouth-watering cake that is moist, fluffy, and oh-so-satisfying. Imagine biting into the warm coffee cake topped with peach crumble; it’s pure bliss!
Friends, I urge you to give this Peach Coffee Cake Sweet Dough Recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed! It’s an incredible dessert recipe that will have you reaching for seconds or even thirds. Plus, it’s an excellent way to showcase fresh peaches in a unique and delicious way.
For the Sweet Dough:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk, warm
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
For the Peach Streusel Coffee Cake:
- 4 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, light
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Optional: add a dollop of whipped cream or serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
The Recipe How-To
Step 1: Prepare the Sweet Dough
To start with, combine 3 cups of all-purpose flour, ¼ cup of granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon of active dry yeast, and 1 teaspoon of salt in a large mixing bowl. Then, heat 1 cup of milk and a stick (8 tablespoons) of softened butter in a saucepan until you have melted the butter completely. Add this milk mixture to the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl, stirring until a dough forms.
Next, knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for around 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. Put it into a greased mixing bowl, cover it with a clean towel, and leave it to rise for an hour in a warm place.
Step 2: Make the Peach Filling
As the sweet dough rises, it’s time to prepare the peach filling. Start by peeling and dicing 2 cups of fresh peaches. In another bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of light brown sugar, 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, two teaspoons ground cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
Add the diced fresh peaches to the sugar mixture and stir until fully combined.
Step 3: Create Streusel Topping
Mix together in another bowl until crumbly:
– ½ cup brown sugar
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons cinnamon
– 1 cup (2 sticks) butter (softened)
It is perfectly fine if there are still larger chunks; they add more texture to your cake!
Step 4: Assemble The Cake
Preheat your oven to 350F degrees. Grease your cake pan with butter liberally. Roll out your sweet dough onto a floured surface.
Spread the peach filling on top of the dough, leaving a quarter of an inch border at the edges.
Sprinkle the streusel on top of the jammy peaches. Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Step 5: Serve and Enjoy
Once fully cooked, let cool for ten minutes. Slice and enjoy!
Substitutions and Variations
When it comes to making this delectable peach coffee cake, there are a few substitutions and variations that you can make to switch things up. Here are some ideas to help you get started:
– Instead of using fresh peaches, try canned peaches or pie filling. This can be a great option if fresh peaches are out of season or not readily available.
– Blueberries can be used instead of peaches for a twist on the classic recipe. You could even mix the two together for a peach blueberry coffee cake.
– To make this more of a peach cobbler-inspired dessert, swap out the sweet dough for a cake mix which includes canned peaches for an easy peach streusel cake.
– For a creamier option, try adding cream cheese to the streusel topping or frosting. This will add an extra layer of richness and flavor to the coffee cake recipe.
– If you’re not fond of cinnamon, consider swapping it out with ground cardamom or nutmeg for a spicier flavor profile.
– Experiment with different types of nuts for the streusel topping, such as pecans or walnuts.
No matter what variations you choose to make, this delicious peach coffee cake is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and become a repeat favorite in your household.
Serving and Pairing
Serving this delectable peach coffee cake for breakfast or brunch is a delightful way to start the day. It’s best served warm straight from the oven, with a dusting of powdered sugar and lashings of whipped cream or drizzled with a luscious vanilla glaze. The contrast between the tender cake and the crunchy streusel creates a textural experience that is hard to beat.
This coffee cake pairs perfectly with a steaming cup of fresh-brewed coffee or strong tea, such as Earl Grey. For those who prefer something cold, iced coffee or iced tea would make an equally good choice on a hot summer’s day.
To boost the flavor of this sweet treat, try warming the peaches in a pan first with some cinnamon and brown sugar. Alternatively, serve it with fresh fruit such as blueberries, strawberries or raspberries to add an extra tartness to every bite.
If you’re feeling adventurous, try pairing this coffee cake with cream cheese frosting for a twist on the classic peach cobbler. This is also an excellent dessert recipe which pairs beautifully with ice-cream, whipped cream and caramel sauce – yum!
In summary, this peach streusel coffee cake is delicious enough to stand on its own but can be elevated further when paired with complementary flavors. So pick your favorite hot or cold beverage, add some fruit or frosting to take it to new heights and enjoy this delightful sweet dough delicacy!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
One of the great benefits of this Peach Coffee Cake recipe is that it can be made ahead of time and still retain its fresh, delicious taste. If you are planning on serving this coffee cake for a gathering or a brunch, it’s best to plan ahead and make the cake the day before.
To make ahead, once the coffee cake has completely cooled, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for up to two days. You can also freeze the coffee cake for up to a month if you prefer to make it even further in advance. Simply thaw the cake at room temperature before reheating it.
When it comes time to serve the coffee cake, there are a few options for reheating. If you have time, it’s best to reheat the entire cake in the oven by wrapping it loosely in foil and heating at 350°F for 10-15 minutes until warmed through. Alternatively, you can slice individual pieces and toast them in a toaster oven or microwave them for a quick fix.
Storing leftover Peach Coffee Cake is just as easy. After the cake has cooled completely, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or an airtight container and store it at room temperature for up to three days. The sweet dough will keep its moist texture and fruity flavors throughout this time.
Overall, with these make-ahead and storing tips, you’ll be able to enjoy freshly-baked Peach Coffee Cake without any worries about timing or freshness.
Tips for Perfect Results
When making this peach coffee cake, the texture and flavor are everything. To ensure that you get the best possible results, here are some tips to keep in mind:
1. Use ripe and fresh peaches for the best flavor. Avoid using canned peaches as they can be too soft and mushy for this recipe.
2. Make sure your ingredients are at room temperature before you start mixing them. This will help everything blend together better and create a smoother batter.
3. Don’t overmix the batter or the streusel topping. Overmixing can result in a tough cake and clumpy topping.
4. Take care not to pack your flour when measuring it out. This can result in a dense and dry cake.
5. When making the sweet dough, knead it gently as over-kneading can lead to a tough texture.
6. Make sure to let the cake cool completely before slicing it. This will help it hold its shape better and give it time to set.
7. For an extra decadent treat, serve this cake warm with a dollop of whipped cream or cream cheese frosting.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to create a delicious peach coffee cake that’s sure to impress your friends and family. So go ahead, give this recipe a try, and experience the wonderful flavors of fresh peaches in every bite!
In conclusion, this peach coffee cake recipe with sweet dough is a scrumptious treat that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a brunch or enjoying an afternoon coffee break, this dessert will not disappoint.
The combination of fresh peaches, cinnamon streusel, and sweet dough create a flavor profile that is both comforting and exciting. Additionally, the recipe is easy to follow and can be adapted to suit your preferences.
So why not give this recipe a try? With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a stunning dessert that will impress your friends and family. And best of all, you’ll have a chance to savor the delicious taste of fresh peaches in every bite.
If you love peach cobbler or any other fresh peach dessert, this is the perfect recipe for you. With its buttery streusel topping and creamy sour cream layer, your taste buds will be treated to a flavor party like no other.
So take the leap and try out this delicious recipe today. Trust me, you won’t regret it!
Peach Coffee Cake (Sweet Dough) Recipe
- 1/2 cup warm milk, 105 degrees F
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 ounces peaches, canned in water
- This dough is a basic sweet dough. I use it for cinnamon rolls and monkey bread, as well. Combine the milk, yeast, and sugar in a mixing bowl. Let stand for 2 minutes to proof the yeast. Add the egg, butter, nutmeg, salt, and half of the flour. Mix until smooth, then beat for 2 minutes. Stir in enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto floured surface and knead just enough to smooth the dough and thoroughly combine ingredients. Kneading makes gluten, so don't overdo it, or you'll lose tenderness. Place in a greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.
- To assemble, punch the dough down, and divide in half. Roll the dough into discs and spread into the greased pans. Cover and let rise in the pan until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours. Meanwhile, mix the sugars and cinnamon in a bowl. Canned peach slices are usually too thick. Slice them as necessary to get reasonably thin pieces, about 1/2 inch.
- When the cakes are risen, brush the dough with melted butter, and sprinkle with a mixture of sugars and cinnamon. Spread peaches over the top, covering as much dough as possible, and then sprinkle again with the sugar and cinnamon mix. You want a good, thick coating of sugar, to glaze the top.
- Bake in a 350-degree Fahrenheit oven for 20-25 minutes. The coffee cakes should be golden around the edges, but somewhat pasty where risen between the peach slices. Let cool for at least 15 minutes.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You