When it comes to baking, there are few things more satisfying than the smell of a fresh batch of cookies wafting throughout your home. And what could be better than adding a little kick to your traditional chocolate chip cookies? Introducing my Coffee Chip Cookies Recipe!
As a coffee lover myself, I’ve always been looking for ways to incorporate the rich and robust flavor of coffee into my baked goods. With this recipe, I’ve found the perfect balance between the classic taste of chocolate chip cookies and the bold flavor of coffee.
If you’re a fan of chewy cookies with a slight crunch, then these Coffee Chip Cookies will quickly become your new go-to treat. They’re incredibly easy to make and require just a handful of simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
So, put on your apron, preheat your oven, and get ready to indulge in the delicious combination of chocolate and coffee with my Coffee Chip Cookies Recipe!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you a coffee aficionado and love anything that has to do with coffee? Then, this coffee chocolate chip cookie recipe is just perfect for you. Imagine the combination of the rich, earthy flavor of coffee and the sweet, delicious taste of chocolate chips in every bite of these cookies. These cookies are truly heavenly and I guarantee you will fall in love with them at first bite.
The flavor profile of these cookies is simply amazing. The recipe includes instant coffee granules that are mixed with boiling water to create a concentrated coffee mixture that is then added to the cookie dough. This gives the cookies a rich, intense flavor of coffee that complements the sweetness of chocolate chips perfectly. You won’t be able to get enough of these cookies once you’ve tried them.
Moreover, these cookies are easy and straightforward to make. You don’t need any fancy equipment or exotic ingredients to make them. All you need is your baking essentials like flour, sugar, butter, eggs, baking powder, baking soda along with some instant coffee granules and chocolate chips. With just a few simple steps, you can have fresh-baked, chewy coffee chocolate chip cookies right in your kitchen.
These cookies are perfect for breakfast or snacks with a hot cup of tea or coffee. You can also pair them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or turn them into an indulgent dessert by drizzling them with warm caramel sauce. They’re versatile and can cater to your cravings any time during the day.
In conclusion, this recipe is ideal for anyone who loves the distinct taste of coffee and the comforting sweetness of chocolate chips in their cookies. It’s easy to make, versatile in terms of serving options and above all else absolutely delicious! Don’t wait any longer; crack open this recipe today and enjoy every moment while making it!
The success of any recipe lies in the quality and quantity of its ingredients. Unlike regular chocolate chip cookies, this recipe calls for a bolder flavor with the addition of instant coffee granules and boiling water. Here are the ingredients you will need to make these delicious Coffee Chip Cookies:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup coffee chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup espresso chocolate chips
These ingredients can be found easily in your pantry or at your local grocery store. Make sure to follow the recipe measurements exactly for optimum results. Now that we have our ingredients ready, let’s move on to the next step!
The Recipe How-To
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
Dissolve the 2 tablespoons of instant coffee granules with 2 tablespoons of boiling water until it is well combined.
Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the 1 cup of shortening, 1 cup of unsalted butter and both sugars (1 cup of granulated sugar and 2 cups of packed brown sugar) until they are smooth and fluffy.
Beat in 2 large eggs, one at a time, into the creamed mixture.
In a separate bowl whisk together the dry ingredients (4 cups of all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons of baking soda and 2 teaspoons of baking powder, and 1 teaspoon of salt).
Add in the dissolved coffee mixture and mix well.
Slowly add in the dry ingredient mixture while mixing on low speed. Mix well until they are completely incorporated.
Mix in the chocolate chips (3 cups) and espresso chocolate chunks (1 1/2 cups) by hand.
Scoop out dough using a spoon or an ice-cream scooper onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake it for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Let cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your freshly baked chewy coffee chocolate chip cookies!
Substitutions and Variations
One of the best things about this Coffee Chip Cookies recipe is that it is extremely versatile. You can easily customize the recipe to make it more to your liking or for special dietary needs. Here are a few ideas for substitutions and variations you can try:
1. Use different types of chocolate chips: This recipe calls for regular chocolate chips, but you can mix it up by using dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or even white chocolate chips instead.
2. Add nuts: If you’re a fan of nuts in your cookies, try adding some chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds to the dough.
3. Substitute shortening with butter: If you don’t have shortening on hand, you can substitute it with unsalted butter at room temperature for similar results.
4. Make it gluten-free: Swap out the all-purpose flour for a gluten-free flour blend to make this recipe gluten-free.
5. Add some coffee flavor: The instant coffee granules in this recipe provide a subtle coffee flavor, but if you want more of a coffee kick, try using espresso powder instead.
6. Make them chewier: For a chewier cookie, try replacing ¼ cup of the all-purpose flour with cornstarch.
7. Add some peanut butter: For a unique twist on these cookies, add some creamy peanut butter to the dough or use peanut butter chocolate chips instead of regular ones.
Overall, these substitutions and variations are just suggestions – feel free to experiment and find what works best for you!
Serving and Pairing
Now that you have made these delicious coffee chocolate chip cookies, it’s time to serve them up and indulge in their rich flavor! These cookies are best enjoyed warm and fresh out of the oven, so make sure to have a batch ready for serving when your guests arrive.
Pair these cookies with a tall glass of milk, steaming cup of coffee or tea to balance out the sweetness with the bitterness of coffee or acidity of tea. The flavors will really complement each other perfectly, making for a fantastic sensory experience.
If you want to take your cookie pairing game to the next level, consider serving these chewy coffee treats with some creamy peanut butter on top, drizzled with honey or frosting. This added element adds more texture and flavor to the cookies, making it both crunchy and gooey in one mouthful.
These cookies are incredibly versatile and can be served on any occasion- whether at a picnic or get-together with friends and family, or even as a quick breakfast treat. With their perfect balance of sweetness and bitter chocolate-coffee flavor, it’s no surprise they are sure to satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth craving.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
These coffee chip cookies are perfect for making ahead of time, whether it’s for a special occasion, a party or just for your own convenience. You can easily store them in an airtight container at room temperature and enjoy them for several days.
To make these cookies ahead of time, simply prepare the dough according to the recipe instructions and shape the cookies into balls. You can freeze the dough balls on a baking sheet for about an hour, then transfer them to a resealable plastic bag and store in the freezer for up to three months.
When you’re ready to bake the cookies, simply remove the desired amount of dough balls from the freezer and thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Let the dough come up to room temperature before baking.
If you’ve already baked the cookies and have leftovers, they’ll stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days. You can reheat them in a microwave for a few seconds or warm them up in the oven at 350°F for about five minutes.
These cookies also make great gifts, so feel free to package them up in pretty gift boxes or bags for your friends and family. They’ll appreciate your thoughtfulness and love the delicious coffee and chocolate chip flavors.
Tips for Perfect Results
To ensure perfect results when making coffee chip cookies, here are some tips that you can follow:
1. Use room temperature butter: Let your butter sit at room temperature for at least an hour before baking. Cold butter will not cream as well with the sugar, and soft, melted butter will lead to flat cookies.
2. Do not overmix the dough: Overmixing the dough can lead to tough, dry cookies as it activates too much gluten in the flour. Mix just until everything is incorporated and then stop.
3. Chill the dough: This step is essential for producing thick and chewy coffee chocolate chunk cookies. The colder the dough, the less likely it will spread during baking, leading to thicker and chewier cookies.
4. Use high-quality ingredients: Always use fresh ingredients, especially when it comes to baking powder and baking soda. Old or expired leavening agents will prevent your cookies from rising and can even cause off-flavors.
5. Don’t skip the instant coffee: Adding instant coffee granules to the boiling water enhances the coffee flavor in these cookies. If you don’t have instant coffee granules, strong brewed coffee can act as a substitute.
6. Add espresso powder or finely ground coffee: If you want an even stronger coffee flavor, add espresso powder or finely ground coffee to your cookie dough.
7. Add mocha chocolate chips: Mocha chocolate chips are perfect for this recipe due to its combination of chocolate and coffee flavors.
Follow these tips, and you’ll be rewarded with deliciously chewy coffee chocolate chip cookies with a rich espresso flavor!
As you read through the recipe, you might have a few questions on your mind. In this section, I will provide answers to some of the frequently asked questions about making the perfect Coffee Chip Cookies. So, let’s dive in!
How to make Snoop Dogg’s cookie?
To make a batch of delicious peanut butter cookies, you’ll need some flour, baking soda, salt, butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and an egg. The butter and peanut butter should be at room temperature before you start.
What makes cookies crispy instead of soft?
To achieve light and crunchy cookies, one can opt for using sugar with lower moisture content (granulated) and vegetable shortening instead of butter. Furthermore, baking them at a longer and slower pace can yield the desired outcome.
What is Snoop Dogg cookies?
If you’re looking for a delightful treat this festive season, you should definitely try making his signature cookie recipe. It includes a delightful blend of smooth peanut butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips, guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth. Keep reading for the full recipe and easy-to-follow instructions.
What are good coffee cookies?
As a barista, I often get asked about the perfect cookie to pair with a cup of coffee. Some of the most popular choices among coffee enthusiasts are biscotti, sugar cookies, snickerdoodles, chocolate chocolate chip and macadamia nut cookies. Each of these cookies has a unique taste, texture, and level of sweetness that can enhance the experience of drinking coffee. Let me offer my insights on these cookies and which ones go best with certain coffee types.
Now that you have learned how to make these delicious coffee chip cookies, the only thing left to do is try them out! I assure you, they will not disappoint. With their chewy texture and rich coffee-chocolate flavor, they are truly a treat for your taste buds.
This recipe is perfect for any occasion- whether you’re baking for a special event or simply indulging in some self-care. These cookies are easy to make and can be customized to your liking. You can add more chocolate chips or adjust the amount of coffee granules depending on your preferred level of caffeination.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your apron and start preheating your oven. The aroma of freshly baked cookies will soon fill your home, and you’ll be enjoying a delicious snack in no time. And who knows, maybe even Snoop Dogg would approve of these coffee chocolate chip cookies.
Remember, baking is not just about following recipes, it’s about creativity and making something that brings joy to others. So go ahead and experiment with different variations, share them with your loved ones or colleagues, and let the pleasure of coffee chocolate fill your hearts and stomachs. Happy baking!
Coffee Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine water and coffee; set aside. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with coffee. Stir in the chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden around the edges. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.