As a barista, I always strive to create new and exciting coffee recipes that will leave my customers feeling satisfied and wanting more. That’s why I’m excited to share with you my latest creation: the Caramel Butterscotch Coffee recipe.
This delectable blend of caramel and butterscotch flavors is sure to tantalize your taste buds and provide you with the caffeine boost you need to start your day or keep you going throughout it. Made with a strong, fresh brewed coffee and infused with delicious caramel sauce, this recipe elevates traditional coffee to a whole new level of tastiness.
Whether you enjoy hot or iced coffee, this recipe is for you. So join me in indulging your senses with this simple yet scrumptious caramel butterscotch concoction that will warm your soul on a chilly day or refresh you during the hot summer months. Trust me – this is one coffee drink that you won’t want to miss out on!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you’re a fan of coffee drinks, then this caramel butterscotch coffee recipe is an absolute must-try. Why, you ask? Well, there are several reasons that will make you fall in love with this recipe.
First and foremost, the main difference between this coffee and other regular brews is the addition of caramel and butterscotch sauce, giving it a unique flavor that can’t be found elsewhere. The homemade sauce adds a touch of sweetness and depth to the drink that is truly irresistible.
Secondly, this coffee is incredibly easy to make. You don’t need any fancy equipment or ingredients – all you need is some strong fresh brewed coffee, butterscotch schnapps, and caramel sauce. Simply mix them together and you’ll have a delicious cup of joe ready in no time.
Thirdly, this recipe is versatile. Whether you prefer hot or iced coffee, this recipe can be enjoyed both ways. If you’re looking for a refreshing summer drink, simply add some ice cubes to your mug before pouring in the coffee. And if it’s cold outside and you’re looking for something comforting, enjoy it hot.
Lastly, this recipe allows for customization. Adjust the strength of your brew according to your preference by adding more or less butterscotch schnapps. You can also add whipped cream or even some dark chocolate shavings on top for an extra indulgent treat.
In conclusion, if you love flavored coffee drinks that are easy to make and can be enjoyed both hot and cold with endless customization options – this caramel butterscotch coffee recipe is perfect for you!
- Brewed Coffee: A recipe for a perfect butterscotch coffee recipe is incomplete without quality brewed coffee. You can use any type of coffee that you like, but a strong and fresh brewed coffee with a nice aroma would be the best.
- Butterscotch Sauce: The caramel butterscotch flavor comes from the delicious combination of two sauces – caramel sauce and butterscotch sauce. You can use homemade or store-bought butterscotch sauce for this recipe.
- Butterscotch Schnapps: This ingredient is crucial to bring a prominent butterscotch flavor in your coffee. Use about 1 ounce of butterscotch schnapps per serving
- Half & half: You will need 6 ounces of strong fresh brewed coffee and the same amount of half & half. Half & half is a blend of whole milk and heavy cream, which makes your coffee smooth and creamy.
- Brown Sugar: To add sweetness to your butterscotch coffee recipe, use brown sugar instead of regular sugar, as it will enhance the flavor by adding a hint of molasses.
- Whipped Cream (Optional): A dollop of whipped cream on top of the butterscotch latte gives an added texture and tastes heavenly.
- Butterscotch Syrup (Optional): For an extra touch of sweetness or butterscotch flavor, drizzle some butterscotch syrup on top of your whipped cream.
- Caramel Sauce (Optional): Like the butterscotch syrup, you can add additional sweetness or caramel flavor by drizzling some caramel sauce on top.
These are all the ingredients you need for our amazing caramel butterscotch coffee.recipe.
The Recipe How-To
Step 1: Brew coffee
First, brew 6 ounces strong fresh brewed coffee. You can use a French press or drip coffee maker to brew your coffee to your liking. Make sure to use dark roasted coffee beans for a rich flavor that complements the butterscotch caramel flavors.
Step 2: Prepare Butterscotch Caramel Sauce
In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Once melted, add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and stir until fully combined. Add 1 ounce of butterscotch schnapps and stir again. Next, add 1 tablespoon of Caramel Sauce and stir until combined. Continue to heat the mixture until it thickens and resembles a caramel-like sauce.
Step 3: Assemble Coffee Drink
For the actual drink, start by adding 1 ounce of butterscotch syrup to the bottom of your glass or mug. Then pour the freshly brewed coffee over the syrup.
Next, take your prepared butterscotch caramel sauce and add one tablespoon to the coffee mixture.
If you want a little creaminess, add half-and-half or heavy cream. Start with a small amount and add more as needed until you have reached your desired amount.
Finish off by topping up with whipped cream*, if desired, drizzle some caramel sauce on top.
Step 4: Serve
Serve immediately while still hot, and enjoy your homemade Caramel Butterscotch Coffee recipe.
*Suggestion: Try experimenting with different creamers such as vanilla or hazelnut for added flavor.
Substitutions and Variations
There are plenty of ways to personalize this caramel butterscotch coffee recipe to make it truly your own. Here are some substitutions and variations I recommend trying out:
– Butterscotch schnapps: If you don’t have or don’t want to use butterscotch schnapps, you can substitute it with regular schnapps or bourbon for a flavorful twist.
– Caramel sauce: Instead of using store-bought caramel sauce, try making your own by melting together butter and brown sugar until smooth, then adding heavy cream and stirring well.
– Whipped cream: While whipped cream is optional, try adding some cinnamon or cocoa powder to your whipped cream for a special touch.
– Iced coffee: If you prefer your coffee cold instead of hot, brew a pot of strong coffee and let it chill in the fridge before serving on ice with a drizzle of butterscotch syrup.
– Butterscotch latte: Make a delicious latte by frothing milk and combining it with brewed coffee and 1 ounce of butterscotch syrup.
– Salted caramel: For a combination of sweet and salty flavors, add a pinch of sea salt to your homemade caramel sauce or sprinkle some salted Carmel chips over your whipped cream.
– Chocolate coconut iced coffee: Brew 3 tablespoons of dark chocolate coconut flavored instant coffee in 2 cups of half-half, then serve over ice with whipped cream and spritz of caramel syrup.
No matter which twists you choose to make with the recipe, the result will always be an unforgettable treat that will satisfy any coffee lover’s cravings.
Serving and Pairing
Now that you have made a perfect cup of caramel butterscotch coffee, it’s time to serve and pair it to enhance its flavors. This coffee is best enjoyed warm, but you can also pour it over ice for an iced coffee experience.
For an indulgent treat, add a dollop of whipped cream on top with some drizzles of caramel sauce or butterscotch sauce to intensify the flavors in every sip. If you prefer a salty-sweet combination, try garnishing your coffee with a sprinkle of sea salt or some salted caramel bits.
This coffee pairs well with a variety of baked treats such as cookies, muffins or biscotti. The richness of the butterscotch blends perfectly with dark chocolate or chocolate-coconut flavored desserts. You can even enjoy this caramel-butterscotch latte recipe with some homemade butter-scotch chips or chocolate-covered espresso beans.
For a more savory pairing, try accompanying your coffee with some breakfast burritos or eggs Benedict. The sweetness of the butterscotch compliments the savory flavors in these dishes exceptionally well.
Overall, this caramel butterscotch coffee recipe is versatile and flavorful enough to pair with different treats and dishes. Experiment with it and let your taste buds guide you to finding the perfect pairing for your morning brew!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
This caramel butterscotch coffee recipe is ideal to make ahead, store in the refrigerator and reheat later for a quick and easy caffeine fix. The best way to do this is to make a large batch of coffee and butterscotch sauce, mix them together and store the mixture in an airtight container or jar. When you’re ready to serve the coffee, you can reheat it in the microwave or on the stove.
One thing to note is that if you mix the whipped cream with the coffee mixture, it may not last as long in the refrigerator. To avoid this, keep the whipped cream separate and add it when you’re ready to serve. You can also skip the whipped cream altogether if you prefer.
Stored properly in an airtight container or jar, this coffee mixture will last up to 5-7 days in the refrigerator. Just make sure to give it a good stir before reheating. When reheating on the stove, do so over low to medium heat, stirring occasionally until heated through. Alternatively, you can heat it up in the microwave using short 30-second intervals until it reaches your desired temperature.
It’s important to note that while reheating, the texture of the whipped cream may change slightly, so it’s best to add fresh whipped cream just before serving for maximum satisfaction. This caramel butterscotch coffee recipe is perfect for busy mornings or lazy afternoons when you need a quick pick-me-up without sacrificing taste and quality.
Tips for Perfect Results
To achieve the perfect caramel butterscotch coffee, it is essential to follow the recipe guidelines, but there are some tips and tricks that will help take your coffee game to a new level. Here are some tips for perfect results:
1. Use fresh brewed coffee. The key ingredient of this recipe is the brewed coffee. It is best to use strong fresh-brewed coffee rather than instant coffee.
2. Adjust the strength of the coffee to your liking. Brew the coffee to your favorite strength and add the desired amount of butterscotch sauce and syrup.
3. Make the butterscotch sauce from scratch. Homemade butterscotch sauce enhances the taste of this recipe compared to the store-bought ones.
4. Experiment with variations. Try substituting different types of alcohol and syrups like salted caramel or coffee liqueurs for an exciting variation.
5. Heat but don’t boil the milk mixture. To avoid scorching, heat your milk gently over medium heat until it’s hot, not boiling.
6. Use half-and-half or heavy cream instead of regular milk to give a creamy texture.
7. Garnish with toppings like whipped cream, butterscotch chips, or dark chocolate shavings for extra flavor and appeal.
8. Use liquid smoke for smoked butterscotch latte recipe. Liquid smoke can add an extra dimension of flavor to this recipe, especially if you want to try smoked butterscotch latte at home.
By following these tips, you will be well on your way to creating a perfect cup of caramel butterscotch coffee every time!
Before wrapping up this recipe, let’s go through some common questions that may arise while making a Caramel Butterscotch Coffee. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions and my expert advice!
What makes butterscotch different from caramel?
When it comes to making butterscotch, the process is much akin to that of caramel whereby heating sugar is a crucial step. However, it sets itself apart by exclusively using brown sugar instead of white. Furthermore, the ingredients are incorporated in a slightly varied order – starting with melting butter in combination with brown sugar.
What is butterscotch coffee made of?
For a delightful cup of Butterscotch Coffee, start by brewing your preferred strength of coffee. Then, add a spoonful of Butterscotch Sauce at the bottom of your cup. If you desire extra sweetness, add some more Butterscotch Sauce on top of the coffee. Savor the rich flavor and enjoy every sip!
Do caramel and butterscotch taste the same?
When it comes to making caramel and butterscotch, the ingredients and process vary. Caramel is created by heating granulated sugar to different degrees, while butterscotch is made using brown sugar and butter, which grants it a richer and more well-rounded taste due to the use of molasses and butter.
What coffee flavors go well with caramel?
Looking for new coffee flavors? Try adding hazelnut flavored syrup to your usual cup of joe to create a delicious hazelnut caramel coffee. You can also mix it up by pairing caramel with other flavors like pumpkin, French vanilla, chocolate, or cinnamon for a tasty twist on your everyday coffee.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and are excited to try it out for yourself! The flavor combination of caramel and butterscotch is truly irresistible, especially in a warm coffee drink. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different variations and substitutions based on your taste preferences.
Remember, the key to any successful coffee recipe is using high-quality ingredients and taking your time to craft the perfect cup. Take advantage of the brewing tips and tricks I’ve provided here to achieve a strong, fresh brewed coffee that will complement the richness of the butterscotch and caramel.
So go ahead, indulge in a delicious caramel butterscotch coffee today. Not only will you be treating yourself to a tasty beverage, but you’ll also be impressing your family and friends with your barista skills. Trust me, once they try this recipe, they’ll be begging you for more!
Thank you for reading, and happy brewing!
Caramel Butterscotch Coffee Recipe
- 6 ounces strong fresh brewed coffee
- 1 ounce butterscotch schnapps
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce
- whipped cream (optional)
- Pour coffee into a coffee mug add liquor, drizzle caramel, top with optional whipped cream and enjoy!