I’ve got a recipe that’s guaranteed to satisfy both coffee and ice cream lovers out there – Coffee Coconut Ice Cream! If you’re tired of traditional ice cream flavors, or if you’re looking to spice up your dessert game, then this recipe is perfect for you. This sweet treat is the perfect blend of strong, brewed coffee and creamy coconut milk that will have your taste buds doing a happy dance.
And the best part? You don’t even need an ice cream maker to make it! With just a few simple ingredients and tools, you can whip up a batch of this decadent dessert in no time. Whether you’re entertaining guests or are simply looking for a delicious treat to enjoy on a hot summer day, this Coffee Coconut Ice Cream recipe is perfect for any occasion.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your apron and let’s get started making this mouth-watering ice cream masterpiece!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you a coffee lover who also has a sweet tooth? If so, you’re about to fall in love with this coffee coconut ice cream recipe. Trust me, it’s the perfect dessert for every occasion. Here are some reasons why I think you’ll love this recipe:
First of all, the combination of coffee and coconut creates a unique flavor that is unlike anything else. The creamy texture of the ice cream provides an excellent base for the bold coffee taste and the slight sweetness of coconut milk. It’s truly a match made in heaven.
Secondly, this recipe is versatile and can accommodate different dietary needs. Whether you’re vegan or lactose intolerant, you can easily swap the dairy products for plant-based alternatives. You don’t have to miss out on a delicious homemade ice cream just because of dietary restrictions.
Lastly but not least, this recipe is incredibly easy to make! With just a few simple ingredients (most likely already in your pantry), you can whip up this tasty dessert in no time. The finished product will impress your friends and family and will definitely give you bragging rights.
In conclusion, this coffee coconut ice cream recipe is perfect for satisfying your craving for something sweet and chilly with a unique twist. Once you give it a try, I guarantee it will become one of your go-to dessert recipes – It’s just that delicious!
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this mouth-watering coffee coconut ice cream:
- 2 13.5 ounce cans full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup cold brew coffee
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
Note that you can use brewed coffee instead of cold brew coffee, but just make sure it is cooled down before using it in this recipe. For those who prefer dairy-free or vegan options and want to give a further kick into their ice cream, there are also some additional ingredients to consider adding to your ice cream maker. You can try out substitutes such as almond milk or soy milk, so that the final result is not affected.
The Recipe How-To
Now that you have all your ingredients gathered, let’s get started on making this delicious Coffee Coconut Ice Cream recipe.
Step 1: Brew the coffee
Using a coffee maker or French press, brew about 2 cups of strong coffee.
Step 2: Mix the ice cream ingredients
Take a large mixing bowl and combine 1 can of full-fat coconut milk and 1 can of coconut cream. Whisk the mixture together until it’s smooth. Then add 1/2 cup of raw sugar and whisk again until everything is well combined. Don’t worry if the sugar doesn’t dissolve completely yet.
Step 3: Heat up the mixture
Pour the mixture into a saucepan and heat it over medium heat, stirring frequently for about 5-8 minutes until the sugar dissolves completely. Then add the brewed coffee to the saucepan and stir again.
Step 4: Chill and transform into ice cream
Remove from heat and let it cool down. Add 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract into the cooled down mixture and stir well. Next, pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions. Continue to churn until the ice cream becomes thick and creamy.
Step 5: Freeze overnight
When you’re finished churning, transfer the ice cream into a lidded freezer-safe container such as a loaf pan. Freeze overnight or until set.
That’s it! You’ve just made a scrumptious batch of Coffee Coconut Ice Cream. Enjoy with some chocolate shavings, whipping cream or even next to some cake for an indulgent dessert experience.
Substitutions and Variations
One thing I love about this recipe is that it’s very versatile! Here are some substitutions and variations you can try:
– Milk Alternatives: If you don’t have coconut milk or don’t like the taste, feel free to use almond milk, soy milk, or oat milk instead. Just make sure it’s the full-fat version for the creamiest results.
– Sweeteners: Raw sugar gives a nice depth of flavor to the ice cream, but you can use any granulated sugar you have on hand. Maple syrup or honey would also work well in this recipe.
– Coffee: You can use any type of brewed coffee you like, such as cold brew, Vietnamese coffee, or even instant espresso. Use strong coffee for the best flavor and make sure it cools down completely before adding it to the ice cream mixture.
– Vegan/Dairy-Free: To make this recipe vegan and dairy-free, simply replace the milk with a non-dairy alternative such as almond or soy milk, and use vegan-friendly sweeteners like maple syrup or organic agave nectar. You can also substitute coconut cream for heavy cream to achieve a thicker texture while keeping it vegan.
– Chocolate: If you’re in the mood for something extra decadent, try adding chocolate chips or cocoa powder to the mixture before churning it. This will create a deliciously rich chocolate ice cream with notes of coffee and coconut.
Don’t be afraid to get creative and experiment with different flavors – that’s the best part of making homemade ice cream!
Serving and Pairing
Once your coffee coconut ice cream is ready to be served, there are endless possibilities when it comes to pairing and decorating. The creamy texture and rich flavor of this dessert makes it the perfect companion to various toppings and sauces.
For a classic pairing, sprinkle some finely grated dark chocolate or chocolate chips on top of the ice cream. You can also add some chopped nuts such as almonds or hazelnuts for a crunchy texture.
Fruit lovers can try serving the ice cream with fresh berries like strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries. The fruity acidity of these berries complements the creamy sweetness of the ice cream.
If you’re feeling indulgent, you can drizzle some caramel sauce or salted caramel over the ice cream for an extra decadent twist.
In terms of beverages, a cup of hot brewed coffee can enhance the coffee flavor in this recipe. Alternatively, you can pair it with a cold brew coffee for a refreshing and lighter taste that won’t overpower the ice cream.
For those who prefer non-alcoholic drinks, a cold glass of coconut milk or almond milk works perfectly well. However, if you want something stronger, you can serve it alongside a glass of Irish whiskey or Kahlua on the rocks.
Regardless of how you choose to serve and pair your coffee coconut ice cream, it’s guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser that everyone will love.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Making homemade ice cream can be a labor of love that takes time and effort. Therefore, it’s always good to know how to store and reheat ice cream in a way that will keep it fresh and delicious. Whether you plan on preparing this coffee coconut ice cream recipe ahead of time, or have leftovers that need storing, there are several tips that you can follow.
To make-ahead, prepare the ice cream batter as instructed, pour it into a container with an airtight lid, and place in the freezer for up to 1 month. When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and let the ice cream thaw at room temperature for about 10 minutes before dishing up.
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container and freeze them for later. To reheat the ice cream, simply take it out of the freezer and let it sit on the counter for approximately 20 minutes to soften. Refrain from microwaving as it can alter the texture of the ice cream.
This recipe is vegan-friendly and non-dairy, so if you follow a plant-based diet or have allergies, this recipe is perfect for you. Keep in mind that non-dairy ice creams tend to freeze harder than regular ice creams, so some suggestions might be to add sweeteners like maple syrup or agave nectar to soften the textures.
Overall, this recipe is easy to make ahead of time and store until ready to use. It’s a great dessert option for gatherings or when you crave something sweet but don’t have much time to prepare it.
Tips for Perfect Results
To ensure the best result when making this decadent coffee coconut ice cream, I have gathered a few tips that will make a difference in the final product.
1. Use full-fat coconut milk and cream
To achieve maximum creaminess, it is essential to use full-fat coconut milk and cream. The fat content in these products helps to create a velvety texture and rich flavor.
2. Brew strong coffee
The brewed coffee used in the recipe contributes to the coffee flavor, so be sure to use strong coffee or cold brew coffee for the best result.
3. Chill all ingredients
Before making the ice cream base, it’s crucial to chill all the ingredients. Cold ingredients help achieve a smoother consistency when churning.
4. Use quality vanilla extract
The pure vanilla extract adds an extra layer of flavor that complements both coffee and coconut flavors. For optimal flavor, use high-quality vanilla extract.
5. Don’t over-churn the ice cream
It’s tempting to churn until you get firm scoops of ice cream, but over-churning can make your ice cream gritty and icy. Stop churning once you obtain a slightly softened consistency.
By following these tips and tricks, you can create perfect coffee coconut ice cream without any trouble!
With a scoop of coffee coconut ice cream, you can treat yourself to a delightful dessert any time of the year. With its velvety texture and indulgent flavor, this recipe is perfect for any occasion, from a summer picnic to a winter dinner party.
What’s more, this ice cream is versatile and can be customized to your preferences. Whether you are a vegan, looking for a dairy-free option or simply want to add some chocolate chips or caramel sauce to your scoop, the recipe allows for substitutions and variations that will make your taste buds sing.
So if you’re looking for an easy and delicious dessert option that will impress your family and friends, give this coffee coconut ice cream recipe a try. You’ll love the smooth blend of rich coffee and creamy coconut milk, accented by just the right touch of sweetness.
So grab your ingredients and start churning – you won’t be disappointed with the results!
Coffee Coconut Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans full fat coconut milk (roughly 3 1/2 cups)
- 1/2-3/4 cup raw sugar
- 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee (decaf recommended)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 dark chocolate chips (or bittersweet)
- Combine coconut milk, coffee and raw sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat and whisk until well combined – about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla. Transfer to a bowl to let cool completely in the fridge – at least 6 hours, overnight being preferable.
- Transfer to ice cream maker and prepare according to manufacturer instructions. If desired, add in chocolate chips.
- Once done either eat immediately or transfer to a freezer-safe container and let harden for several hours. Should keep for 1 week in the freezer.
- Let stand for 15 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- Though it won’t yield as desirable of results, if you don’t have an ice cream maker simply let the mixture cool after cooking, then transfer to a large, freezer safe container and place in the freezer. Every hour remove from the freezer and whisk vigorously to incorporate air – this will make the ice cream less dense/more fluffy, creamy. Repeat until desired consistency is achieved.