Delicious Cinnamon Coffee Cake Recipe | Easy and Quick
Ready to indulge in a warm and scrumptious cinnamon coffee cake? If you’re a coffee lover like me, then you’re in for a treat. This easy cinnamon coffee cake recipe will take your taste buds on a delectable journey with its cinnamon-infused brown sugar goodness.
Not only is this coffee cake recipe incredibly easy to make, but it’s also perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even as a dessert option. With its delicate crumb texture and irresistible aroma, this cake is sure to impress your family and friends.
So roll up your sleeves, preheat your oven, and get ready to bake an easy cinnamon coffee cake that will be the perfect complement to any cup of coffee or tea. Whether you’re a beginner baker or an expert, this recipe will surely tickle your taste buds with its rich cinnamon flavor and delightful crumb topping.
Don’t wait any longer; gather up the ingredients and let’s get started on baking the best cinnamon coffee cake ever!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you craving something sweet with your coffee, but don’t feel like going to a fancy bakery? Let me introduce you to the game changer: easy cinnamon coffee cake recipe! Trust me; this cake is perfect for breakfast or brunch, afternoon tea, or special occasions.
This recipe is an excellent way to get a warm and cozy feeling with the combination of cinnamon and coffee while indulging in the moist and soft cake’s texture. The buttery crumb topping makes it even more flavorful and addictive.
And the best part? It takes less than an hour from start to finish. Yes, you read that right! In just under an hour, you can bake a delectable cake that will impress everyone.
Plus, this recipe is incredibly versatile – perfect for substituting or modifying the ingredients as per your preference. Whether you have dark or light brown sugar, dairy or non-dairy sour cream, all-purpose flour or cake flour, all work well in this recipe.
It’s not always easy to satisfy everyone’s taste buds, but trust me; this easy cinnamon coffee cake recipe comes really close. Whether you’re cutting a slice for yourself or serving a group of guests, it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
So what are you waiting for? Head into the kitchen and give this recipe a try. You won’t regret it!
Here are the ingredients required to make the easy cinnamon coffee cake recipe:
For the Cinnamon Coffee Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole milk
For the Cinnamon Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
The Recipe How-To
Now, let’s get down to business and start making this easy cinnamon coffee cake. Follow the steps below carefully to get the perfect results.
Step 1: Preheat the oven and prepare the pan
Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C) and preparing a 9-inch round cake pan. Butter or spray the pan with cooking spray, and dust it with flour.
Step 2: Make the crumb topping
In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Mix well. Cut in 4 tablespoons of cold butter until it forms coarse crumbs.
Step 3: Make the batter
In a separate bowl, whisk together 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat together 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (room temperature), 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, and 1/4 cup of light brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add in 2 large eggs (room temperature) one at a time, followed by 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
Add in the dry ingredients mixture gradually, alternating with 1 cup of sour cream (room temperature). Mix just until everything is combined.
Step 4: Assemble everything together
Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle half of the crumb topping evenly over the top. Spoon the remaining batter over the top, spreading it out evenly with an offset spatula.
Top everything off with your remaining crumb topping.
Step 5: Bake and cool
Bake the coffee cake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Cool for 5-10 minutes in the pan before removing it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Step 6: Enjoy!
This easy cinnamon coffee cake is delicious on its own, but of course you can make it even better by serving it with whipped cream, fresh berries, or a drizzle of caramel syrup.
Substitutions and Variations
With this cinnamon coffee cake recipe, you can make a few substitutions and variations to suit your preferences. Here are some ideas:
– Streusel topping: For an extra crunchy and sweet topping, mix 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a bowl. Cut in 6 tablespoons of cold unsalted butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the streusel over the batter before baking.
– Cinnamon roll coffee cake: Add a filling by mixing 1/4 cup of softened unsalted butter, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, and 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon in a bowl. Drop spoonfuls of the filling on top of the batter and swirl with a knife. Bake as directed.
– Vegan coffee cake: Replace the butter with solid shortening or coconut oil, and replace the eggs with 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce or mashed banana per egg. Use vegan sour cream instead of regular sour cream.
– Yellow cake mix coffee cake: Use a yellow cake mix instead of making the cake batter from scratch. Mix the cake mix with 3 eggs, 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, and 1¼ cups of milk until well combined. Fold in the cinnamon sugar mixture and crumb topping as directed.
– Gluten-free coffee cake: Replace the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend or almond flour (use 2 cups). Add xanthan gum if necessary to help bind the batter together.
– Cream cheese filling: For a cheesecake-like filling, beat an 8-ounce block of cream cheese with 1/4 cup of granulated sugar and 1 egg until smooth. Spread over half the batter in the pan and top with the remaining batter. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and crumb topping. Bake as directed.
Get creative and experiment with your favorite flavors and toppings to make the best coffee cake that suits your taste buds!
Serving and Pairing
This easy cinnamon coffee cake recipe is a delectable treat that can be enjoyed any time of the day. It’s perfect for a morning breakfast or an afternoon tea break. When serving, I recommend cutting the cake into small slices, it will help to prevent the crumbly nature of the recipe as well as providing the right portion size to savor its delightful flavors.
If you want to take your coffee cake experience even further, pair it with a piping hot cup of freshly brewed coffee or a flavorful tea of your preference. The gentle sweetness and warm aromas of this cinnamon coffee cake create an irresistible combination with a classic latte, cappuccino, or herbal tea.
And if you want to make your cinnamon coffee cake more exciting, consider adding some toppings like whipped cream, fresh berries, or toasted nuts. You can also make a rich icing-sugar glaze to drizzle over the top of the cake for added sweetness.
This versatile and easy cinnamon coffee cake recipe is not only delicious but also incredibly customizable. Whether you are hosting a brunch party or craving a sweet treat on lazy weekend mornings, this recipe is sure to delight you and your guests.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
This easy cinnamon coffee cake recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer until you’re ready to serve it. To make-ahead, bake the cake according to the recipe instructions, let it cool completely, and cover tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
You can store the cake in the refrigerator for up to three days or in the freezer for up to three months. When you’re ready to serve, thaw the cake in the refrigerator (if frozen) and then bring it to room temperature.
To reheat individual slices of cinnamon coffee cake, heat them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds until warm. You can also reheat the entire cake by wrapping it in foil and reheating it in a 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes until warmed through.
However, keep in mind that reheated coffee cake may not have quite the same texture as freshly baked, so if you have guests over, try to bake a fresh batch if possible.
Tips for Perfect Results
When it comes to making the perfect Easy Cinnamon Coffee Cake, there are a few tips and tricks that can help ensure success. Here are some tips I’ve learned over the years:
– Be sure to measure your ingredients accurately. This can make all the difference in the final product. Use measuring cups and spoons, and level off ingredients like flour and sugar with the flat edge of a knife.
– Room temperature ingredients blend more easily than cold ones. Take your butter and eggs out of the fridge at least an hour before you begin baking.
– Don’t overmix your batter. Overmixing can cause a cake to be tough and dense rather than light and fluffy. Mix until everything is just combined; it’s okay if there are still a few lumps.
– Use the right size pan. For this recipe, a 9-inch square baking dish works best. If you use a different size pan, keep in mind that the baking time may need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Make sure your oven is preheated to the correct temperature. Oven temperatures can vary, so investing in an oven thermometer can be helpful.
Following these tips should help you achieve a delicious Easy Cinnamon Coffee Cake every time!
In conclusion, this easy cinnamon coffee cake recipe is perfect for anyone who wants to indulge in a delicious and satisfying treat. With a crave-worthy combination of cinnamon and buttery goodness, this coffee cake will quickly become your go-to recipe for special occasions or everyday snacks.
Whether you’re an experienced baker or just starting out, this recipe is both simple and versatile, allowing for substitutions and variations to suit your taste preferences. And with helpful tips for perfect results, serving and pairing suggestions, make-ahead and storing options, and answers to frequently asked questions, you’ll have everything you need to make the best coffee cake ever.
So what are you waiting for? Try this easy cinnamon coffee cake recipe today and discover why it’s one of the best coffee cake recipes out there! From streusel topping to crumbly goodness, vegan options to cream cheese icing, there’s a variation of this recipe that perfect suits everyone’s mood.
Easy Cinnamon Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup solid shortening
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 9 inch square pan.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender to the size of small peas.
- In a separate small bowl, beat the egg well; then stir in the milk and vanilla.
- Add the egg-milk mixture to the flour mixture all at once.
- Stir carefully until just blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Drizzle top with melted butter.
- In a small bowl mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Sprinkle on top of cake.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake t 425 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.