Are you looking for a ridiculously easy and fast cinnamon raisin coffee cake recipe that will leave your taste buds begging for more? Well, look no further! I have just the recipe you need. In just under an hour (15 minutes of prep time and 30-35 minutes of baking time), this delicious cinnamon swirl cake will be freshly baked and ready to be enjoyed.
Whether you’re planning a brunch with your friends, looking for a tasty dessert to share with your family, or you just want to indulge in some comfort food, this fast cinnamon raisin coffee cake recipe is the perfect solution. With warm notes of cinnamon, sweet raisins, and a crumbly pecan topping, this cake will become your go-to recipe for any occasion.
So roll up your sleeves and let’s get to work! Just gather all the ingredients listed below and follow the step-by-step instructions in this recipe article. Trust me, even if you’re not a great baker, this easy cinnamon raisin coffee cake recipe will make you look like a pro.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you are a coffee lover, then you need to try this fast cinnamon raisin coffee cake recipe. This cake is the perfect combination of sweetness and spice, with a delicious crumb topping that will leave you wanting more. But why should you make this recipe? Let me persuade you.
Firstly, this recipe is ridiculously easy to make. You only need simple ingredients that are probably in your pantry already. You’ll spend less time measuring and more time enjoying your delicious raisin coffee cake.
Secondly, the cinnamon swirl in this cake is out of this world. The aroma of ground cinnamon will fill your kitchen as it bakes, and when you take a bite, the swirls of cinnamon and raisins will explode in your mouth. This cake is perfect for satisfying your craving for something sweet and savory at the same time.
Thirdly, this recipe video can guide even the novices in baking a perfect cake and avoiding common mistakes. Moreover, if you have any dietary restrictions or preferences such as gluten-free or vegan, then you’ll be happy to know that there are many substitutions available.
Lastly, it’s versatile! Not only can you enjoy it as a dessert, but it also makes a perfect pair with coffee as well (as its name implies!). You could also use it as a base for other recipes like bread pudding or French toast.
Overall, this fast cinnamon raisin coffee cake recipe is the perfect addition to your baking repertoire. Try it out today and let your taste buds thank you later!
Here is what you need to make this fast cinnamon raisin coffee cake. You will probably have most of these ingredients in your pantry already.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- ¾ cup sour cream
Make sure you measure the ingredients correctly and have them ready before starting to prepare the cake. Don’t forget the raisins and cinnamon, as they play a key role in giving that delicious flavor to the cake.
The Recipe How-To
Now, let’s move on to the most exciting part of this article – the recipe how-to! This fast cinnamon raisin coffee cake recipe is ridiculously easy and can be made in just a few simple steps.
Before we start, let’s gather all the ingredients we will need:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
The Step-by-Step Guide
Now that we have all the ingredients, it’s time to get baking! Here’s how you can make this delicious cinnamon swirl raisin coffee cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Add in the raisins and mix again until well distributed.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan or a round cake pan.
- To create the cinnamon swirl topping, take an additional tablespoon of sugar and another half-teaspoon of cinnamon and stir them together in a small bowl. Sprinkle this mixture over the top of the batter in the pan and use a knife to swirl it around throughout the cake.
- If you want some extra crunch to your coffee cake, sprinkle some pecans on top of the batter for a nutty texture.
- Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, let the cake cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Tips for Perfect Results
To get a perfectly moist and tender crumb, here are some tips you can follow:
- Don’t overmix the batter once you add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. This can result in a tough cake.
- Use a toothpick to check for doneness before removing your coffee cake from the oven. If it comes out clean, it’s ready!
- For an even richer texture, swap out regular sour cream with full-fat Greek yogurt.
Now that we know how to make this quick and easy fast cinnamon raisin coffee cake recipe, go ahead, and give it a try! Don’t forget to customize it to your liking by adding some extra toppings like cream cheese frosting or crumb topping. Happy baking!
Substitutions and Variations
If you’re feeling creative or adventurous, there are plenty of substitutions and variations that you can make to this fast cinnamon raisin coffee cake recipe to suit your taste buds. Here are a few ideas:
– Pecans: If you’re not a fan of pecans, you can easily swap them out for another nut like walnuts or almonds. Alternatively, you can leave them out altogether if you prefer a nut-free option.
– Raisins: While we love raisins in this recipe, they can easily be replaced with other dried fruits like cranberries, apricots, or currants. You could even try adding fresh fruit like chopped apples or blueberries for an extra burst of flavor.
– Cinnamon: For a different twist on the classic cinnamon flavor, try substituting it with other warming spices like nutmeg, cardamom or ginger. You could also experiment with using different types of cinnamon such as Ceylon or Vietnamese cinnamon to add depth and complexity to the flavor.
– Sugar: If you’re looking for a lower-sugar option, you can reduce the amount of sugar used in the recipe or substitute it entirely with a natural sweetener like honey or maple syrup. If using liquid sweeteners, remember to adjust the amount of wet ingredients accordingly.
– Flour: For gluten-free options, swap out regular flour with a gluten-free flour blend or almond flour. However, keep in mind that this will affect the texture of the cake so be prepared for slightly different results and adjust baking time if necessary.
Remember, just because a recipe calls for specific ingredients doesn’t mean you can’t add your personal touch to it. Feel free to experiment with different substitutions and variations until you find the perfect combination that works best for your taste buds – let your creativity shine!
Serving and Pairing
When it comes to serving and pairing the Fast Cinnamon Raisin Coffee Cake, there are endless possibilities. This cake is a classic breakfast or brunch treat, perfect for a lazy Sunday morning with a hot cup of coffee. The delicious aroma of cinnamon swirl and raisins is sure to create a cozy atmosphere in your kitchen.
This coffee cake is incredibly versatile and can be enjoyed in many ways. It’s great all on its own, but if you’re looking to mix things up, try serving it alongside a cup of tea or hot cocoa. You can also top it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for a sweet dessert after dinner.
Another fantastic way to enjoy this cinnamon raisin coffee cake is to warm up a slice and spread some butter or cream cheese on top. The combination of cinnamon, raisins, and creamy butter or cheese is heavenly.
If you want to get creative, try serving the cake with fresh berries on the side. The tartness of berries will perfectly complement the sweetness of the cake. You could also sprinkle some chopped pecans on top of the cake for additional nutty crunch.
No matter how you choose to serve it, this fast cinnamon raisin coffee cake recipe will surely impress everyone at your table. It’s easy to make, smells amazing, and tastes even better!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
This cinnamon raisin coffee cake recipe is perfect for making ahead of time, storing and reheating. You can bake this cake the day before you plan to serve it and simply store it in an airtight container at room temperature.
If you want to make this cake several days in advance or have any leftovers, you can also store it in the fridge for up to five days. Just make sure to wrap it tightly with plastic wrap or foil to prevent it from drying out.
When reheating, simply place a slice of the cinnamon raisin coffee cake in the microwave for 10-15 seconds, or until slightly warmed. Alternatively, you can reheat slices of the cake in the oven at 350°F for 5-7 minutes.
If you want to freeze the cinnamon raisin coffee cake, place it in an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to three months. To thaw, let it sit at room temperature for an hour or two before heating or serving.
Due to its moist texture and delicious flavors, this coffee cake is perfect for breakfast or as a dessert. Whether you make it ahead of time or enjoy it fresh from the oven, this easy-to-make cinnamon raisin coffee cake will be an instant hit!
Tips for Perfect Results
To ensure a delectable cinnamon raisin coffee cake every time, consider these tips for perfect results:
1. Use room temperature ingredients: Room temperature ingredients mix together more easily, resulting in a smoother batter.
2. Do not overmix the batter: Overmixing the batter activates gluten, which can lead to a tough cake. Mix until the ingredients are just incorporated.
3. Make cinnamon swirl with a spoon: Instead of using a knife to make the cinnamon swirl, use a spoon to gently swirl the mixture through the batter. This will prevent the cinnamon from sinking to the bottom of the cake.
4. Soak raisins: Raisins can be dry and tough, but soaking them in hot water for 10 minutes will plump them up and make them tender.
5. Toast pecans: Toasted pecans add an extra layer of flavor and crunch to the cake. Simply toast in the oven at 350°F for 8-10 minutes or until fragrant.
6. Measure ingredients carefully: Baking is an exact science, so measure ingredients precisely for best results.
7. Don’t open the oven door too often: Opening the oven door can cause fluctuations in temperature and affect the final result of your cake.
8. Cool before slicing: As tempting as it may be, wait until your cake has cooled before slicing it to avoid it crumbling apart before being served.
Following these tips will ensure that you achieve a deliciously moist and flavorful fast cinnamon raisin coffee cake with every bake!
Now that you’re equipped with everything you need to make this fast cinnamon raisin coffee cake recipe, let’s address some frequently asked questions to ensure your baking process is effortless and enjoyable.
What makes coffee cake different from cake?
What sets coffee cakes apart from their counterparts is their streusel topping and absence of frosting. They often have a swirl of streusel or are stuffed with chocolate, nuts or fruit, with a drizzle of glaze being their only hint of decoration.
How do you increase the flavor of coffee in a cake?
As a barista, I have some tips on how to infuse your baked goods with the rich flavor of coffee. One way to achieve a coffee taste in your baked treats is to incorporate instant espresso powder into the batter. But if you’re looking to take it up a notch, try adding a mocha swirl. For the crumb topping, consider packing it with coffee as well. And to top it all off, finish with a boozy latte glaze for an extra kick. These tips will surely make your baked goods stand out and satisfy the taste buds of all the coffee lovers out there.
Do you store coffee cake in the fridge or on the counter?
For those who want to savor the coffee cake over a few days, it can be stored at room temperature in a sealed container, free from moisture, for up to 3 days. If you want it to stick around longer, it can last for up to a week in the fridge. Additionally, the cake can be preserved in the freezer for as long as 3 months.
How do I warm up my grandma’s New England coffee cake?
There are a variety of ways to heat up our cake to make it extra scrumptious. You could pop it in the microwave, but make sure to handle it with care. Another option is to toast it in a toaster oven. For a more indulgent treat, try frying the cake in a pan like you would with French toast. Trust me, it’ll be worth it.
In conclusion, this fast cinnamon raisin coffee cake recipe is a perfect choice for those who want to enjoy a delicious dessert without spending all day in the kitchen. With its easy-to-follow instructions, and simple ingredients, you can easily make this cake at home and enjoy it with your coffee or tea. Plus, you can make some substitutions or variations to suit your taste preferences.
This recipe is also versatile and can be paired with different drinks or foods such as buttermilk, cream coffee, or even wine. And don’t forget to store the leftovers properly for freshness!
In summary, if you want to impress your guests with a homemade dessert, or just indulge yourself on a cozy Sunday morning with delicious cinnamon raisin coffee cake, then this recipe is definitely worth trying. Don’t hesitate and bake away!
Fast Cinnamon Raisin Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 (12 1/2 ounce) tubes refrigerated cinnamon roll dough
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 -4 tablespoons raisins
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Set aside icing packet from cinnamon rolls.
- Seperate dough into 16 rolls; cut each into quarters.
- Place half of the roll pieces, cinnamon side up, in a lightly greased 11 x 7 x2 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with pecans, raisins and half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Top with remaining dough.
- Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread with reserved icing; serve warm.